Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nateharr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Are there simple applications that exist to send media from one mobile Apple device to another without much fuss or a desktop?

I would prefer a way that doesn't require a common WiFi connection.

I've done searches, and I get so many results it's hard to find a simple and concise answer to my specific question.

I fully understand plenty of people will give me trouble for this thread, but the answer to my question is one of the major factors in whether or not I purchase an iPad.

(Also, assume the iPad is 3G + WiFi. :) )

Thank you guys so much! :D

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
iTunes and MobileMe are not just a waste of time, but the latter one is expensive too. At least, for what it is.

Try the App store! I would recommend a few apps, you will find them in the store, but I would also recommend DiskAid. It's not free, but have a go at the trial and see, whether you like it or not.

Evernote is also an option, or Picasa and Flickr. These are even free.

nateharr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
iTunes and MobileMe are not just a waste of time, but the latter one is expensive too. At least, for what it is.

Try the App store! I would recommend a few apps, you will find them in the store, but I would also recommend DiskAid. It's not free, but have a go at the trial and see, whether you like it or not.

Evernote is also an option, or Picasa and Flickr. These are even free.

I didn't really want to pay for a MobileMe subscription.

My goal is to be able to take a video or picture on my iPhone and within a few moments be able to send it to my iPad. I understand that email is somewhat useful for this, but I was wondering if there was a better way then emailing myself the attachment.

I would be willing to pay a few bucks for an app. I love taking pictures with my iPhone and then redrawing them in apps like Brushes. I'm no artist, but it's a minor vice for me to be creative and make some really nice images.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
The ipad camera connection kit and an eyefi card?

You could try these apps though I imagine better ones will come along.

Camera-A for your iPad and…

Camera-B for your iPhone.

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Send an MMS.

…oh wait, you guys in America don't have MMS. Hmm… What about those apps that can transfer photos between iPhones? It might work for the iPad+iPhone too.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
How about a bump photo app?

Your out with a group and take a cute photo, everyone bumps phones and they have their own copy.

nateharr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Send an MMS.

…oh wait, you guys in America don't have MMS. Hmm… What about those apps that can transfer photos between iPhones? It might work for the iPad+iPhone too.

Americans have had MMS for quite awhile now. Since September of last year I believe.

I checked out Evernote, and the feature I want is "premium" and requires a subscription.

It looks like DropBox is exactly what I'm after.

I have to admit, I was thinking of a something like Bump for media. I wonder how hard that would be to create... I'm no developer, but I am intrigued and would love to look in to it.

logista

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
I have to admit, I was thinking of a something like Bump for media. I wonder how hard that would be to create... I'm no developer, but I am intrigued and would love to look in to it.

The Bump app works for photos, but you have to be in proximity to each other.

PlayHard

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I just noticed there's an app for uploadit.com that seem similar to Dropbox. It has a 20GB limit for the free account.:eek: Does anyone know anything about it? This really may be a good option for me to keep my photos and files.

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
234444-iphone_share_500.png

This is what I was talking about [link]

nateharr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
234444-iphone_share_500.png

This is what I was talking about [link]

Mover+ is perfect! Exactly what I had envisioned in my head. Now that ithink about it I think I saw the commercial featuring this app a while ago.

Thank you so much! Now I just have to hope for full iPad integration.

kchamussy

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
For transferring photos you could use 'Photo Transfer App'. I'm the developer of this universal application (iPhone/iPad) that let's you transfer pictures from your iPhone or computer directly to another iPhone or iPad.

The app is currently in the Top 25 iPad apps in the photography category.

Here are couple of videos that show how the app works:

http://www.phototransferapp.com/ipad.html

I hope you find it useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.