Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thrash911

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Jutland, Denmark
Hello ppl,

For some unknown reason, I can no longer choose 'Create MP3 version' from the right-click menu. I can still do it from the 'Advanced' menu, but why could it be gone from the right-click menu, all of a sudden? I have tried changing to AAC/WAV and other codecs, but it doesn't help..

Anyone know something about this?

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Do you know that you can only create an mp3 version using the right click option if the Import Setting in iTunes Preferences is set to mp3?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Do you know that you can only create an mp3 version using the right click option if the Import Setting in iTunes Preferences is set to mp3?
They have that set, or it wouldn't appear in the Advanced menu. The OP is asking why the "Create xxx Version" doesn't appear in the right-click menu. It doesn't appear for me, either, but I do recall seeing it before. Maybe the recent update removed it.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Hello ppl,

For some unknown reason, I can no longer choose 'Create MP3 version' from the right-click menu. I can still do it from the 'Advanced' menu, but why could it be gone from the right-click menu, all of a sudden? I have tried changing to AAC/WAV and other codecs, but it doesn't help..

Do you still have create AAC Version?

Also what version of iTunes are you using?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-02 at Friday, April 2, 2010.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-02 at Friday, April 2, 2010.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 326

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Do you still have create AAC Version?

Also what version of iTunes are you using?

Where are you right-clicking to get that menu? Mine is very different, when right-clicking on a track in Music, using iTunes 9.1.
Picture 5.jpg

Thrash911

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Jutland, Denmark
Nope, I don't. I can't get ANY of the "create XXX version" to appear in my right-click menu. But they all do appear in the Advanced menu. So as GGJstudios suggested, they might have removed it. But that's just... Why..? :confused: Using version "9.1 (79)".

Attachments

• it.jpg
    it.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 293

dirt farmer

Suspended
Feb 23, 2005
This functionality is gone for me, too. And there is now, sadly, "Pause" (or "play") up top of the contextual menu, which I don't really care for. I'm afraid there's no workaround.

paco42994

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2010
The option "Create xx version" has been removed from the context menu in iTunes 9.1. I'm not to happy either. However, the functionality hasn't been removed.

I'm on a Windows computer :( but I'm sure it would remain the same on mac that this function be in the "Advanced" menu.

Advanced -> Create xx Version

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
However, the functionality hasn't been removed.
I'm on a Windows computer :( but I'm sure it would remain the same on mac that this function be in the "Advanced" menu.
Advanced -> Create xx Version
...then I get a Create MP3 Version in the Advanced menu in place of the Create AAC version. So, what is the problem?
If you read the original post, you'd know the OP is already aware that the functionality is there through the Advanced menu.
I can no longer choose 'Create MP3 version' from the right-click menu. I can still do it from the 'Advanced' menu, but why could it be gone from the right-click menu, all of a sudden? I have tried changing to AAC/WAV and other codecs, but it doesn't help..
The discussion is about the fact that it used to also be on the right-click menu and is no longer.

paco42994

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2010
If you read the original post, you'd know the OP is already aware that the functionality is there through the Advanced menu.

The discussion is about the fact that it used to also be on the right-click menu and is no longer.

I wish I would have noticed that before, I originally found this looking for how to convert files! Then, doing some experimenting and finding out how, I decided to come back to this forum and post what happened.

Maybe I should pay more attention :eek:

Apple won't put the functionality back if people suggest that they do, will they?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.