Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medicscott

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
san diego
so i see that lockinfo has installed 'activator' on my iphone.....went to try and remove, but it says it will not only remove activator but lockinfo and another one i think...how can i just remove activator guys? thx

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
GET RID OF IT?!?! thats crazy man, its only just the coolest tool for the iphone yet.
Among other things to free up some memory i just shake my phone for fricks sake, :p

medicscott

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
san diego
GET RID OF IT?!?! thats crazy man, its only just the coolest tool for the iphone yet.
Among other things to free up some memory i just shake my phone for fricks sake, :p

ok...now im interested! i just tried to set this up...no luck...i went into 'anywhere', shake device...nothing about freeing mem..help!

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
Its a add-on called MemoryTap in cydia that lets you assign an activator gesture to it.
the amount of actions it can do(activator) is amazing, can launch almost any app, category, individual ipod commands, app switchers, and all for free!

medicscott

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
san diego
Its a add-on called MemoryTap in cydia that lets you assign an activator gesture to it.
the amount of actions it can do(activator) is amazing, can launch almost any app, category, individual ipod commands, app switchers, and all for free!

cant find in cydia...what repo?

edit: found in ashman repo...thanks!

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Activator is a great new tool which will be required by more and more jailbreak apps. What it does is create a single memory-resident tool for activating jailbreak apps with a variety of gestures, button presses, etc. This way each application does not have to run in memory and include its own (possibly conflicting) code to recognize gestures, button presses, etc. It actually saves memory this way because it can eliminate the need for extra daemons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.