Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phishindsn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
For those who did the camping out, did you notice any other accessories in the store to purchase other than the Apple case and/or dock?

I saw some facebook posts from vendor's such as Speck that said they would have these items in store today and just wanted to verify before I headed down to the old apple store.

Leia1912

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2007
I was in there about 5 minutes--just ran in and ran out--and they had a wall full of iPad cases, plus they had the wireless keyboard. They may have had more, but I was on a time crunch and had to rush.

For people like me, who had the iPad coming to their house but have delayed shipping on the case, you can go up to the front of the store and tell the staff you're just there for the iPad case. They'll hook you up with somebody. You don't have to wait in line with the iPad people. (Just make sure you get there at 10 AM, not 9 AM, for the West Coasters, as 9 AM is just for the iPad people.)

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
For those who did the camping out, did you notice any other accessories in the store to purchase other than the Apple case and/or dock?

I saw some facebook posts from vendor's such as Speck that said they would have these items in store today and just wanted to verify before I headed down to the old apple store.

Hope you come back and let us know about the Speck cases.

phishindsn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
Hope you come back and let us know about the Speck cases.

I think that is the case. I have been happy with all the speck cases I own and they have great customer service. I am going to try and drive down to the Apple store to see if they have them yet.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I'd be happy to hear a few more reports of the iPad case being in stock. I'll be picking mine up in an hour and a half, about four hours and a half after the store opened. I would call them, but it seems like they're going to be busy. Which brand bags did they have as well, by any chance?

shakenmartini

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2008
I might brave the apple store this afternoon for a case.

Mine is on backorder until April 20th, and I really want something to carry it around in!

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
As far as I could tell they had about 6 different cases; the apple one, two for incase, and two from belkin.

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
The Apple store I went to had a lot of cases, I mostly saw Apple and Incase. I picked up the Apple case myself and it feels good so far. I'm not necessarily sure about the edges of the Apple case, it was,, however much thinner than the Incase was. I also saw the 30pin-VGA adapter. They didn't have any iPad docks in though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.