Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fakejohnsculley

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
So Far for me:

iBooks
Marvel Comic Book App
ABC Playuer
iTap RDP
Tap Tap Radiation
Scrabble
Fieldrunners
eBay
Plants vs. Zombies

iPod
iTunes
Maps
safari
Mail
Photos
Videos

Vesuvio Cat

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Goodreader by a longshot. I actually feel bad for only paying .99 for it.

I'm frustrated beyond belief that I can't import iWork '08 files into the iPad, so I have to rather ironically copy them into Office first and then transfer them onto my iPad. So I'm slightly peeved at Pages and Numbers so far.

I've tried a few games that have blown me away as well

NOVA
Super Monkey Ball
Homerun Battle

The news apps are amazing, particularly BBC, CNN, and the NPR app. Great for any good patriotic liberal American!

bowecho

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
Boston
I haven't gotten many. I did buy the 3 iWork apps and I find them to be extremely well done. I never cared for Numbers on the Mac, but the iPad version is a joy to use for some of the budgeting spreadsheets I keep.

I got Flight Control HD too. Already addicted to it again. The new bigger maps are great, but really tough. I hesitated spending $5 on it but am glad I did now.

I hope there are some free versions of games coming out soon. There are a lot of $10-15 games that look great, but I want to play a free demo of a level before I spend that.

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Goodreader by a longshot. I actually feel bad for only paying .99 for it.

I'm frustrated beyond belief that I can't import iWork '08 files into the iPad, so I have to rather ironically copy them into Office first and then transfer them onto my iPad. So I'm slightly peeved at Pages and Numbers so far.

I've tried a few games that have blown me away as well

NOVA
Super Monkey Ball
Homerun Battle

The news apps are amazing, particularly BBC, CNN, and the NPR app. Great for any good patriotic liberal American!
couldn't you just export them from iWork as a .doc?

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
So far:

iBooks
Pages
Zinio
ABC player
Pandora

Really want a good study/notepad app to come out.

Surprised that I enjoy pages on this thing. Typing is actually pretty decent.

shaotse

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
iTeleport (formerly jaadu)
Popular Science
NYTimes
& of course Safari/Maps

- Still trying to justify buying the iwork apps but haven't quite been able to yet

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
Yahoo! Entertainment and USA Today at the top of the list so far. I like the Cartoon app. and Marvel app. as well.

Oh and Netflix.

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
couldn't you just export them from iWork as a .doc?

You can export Numbers '08 documents to a Microsoft Excel (xls) spreadsheet and then import that into Numbers for iPad, even though you can't import Numbers '08 spreadsheets directly into Numbers for iPad.

Is this the definition of irony?

A.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I've watched three movies on Netflix now. By far my favorite app. Probably going to get the MLB app, too.

Also impressed with twitterific and abc player.

esmode

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2010
Netflix
Adobe ideas
Dailymotion
Craigsphone
Etrade

Holding off on these types of apps until more are available:
FTP client
Text/HTML editor
Dropbox

Noisemaker

Mar 13, 2009
I only grabbed a couple of apps.

iKeys for iPad is by far the best piano app I've used. It sounds like it's a real piano, rather than the usual crappy samples that most piano apps use. Way better than pianist IMO, and it's way cheaper.

The other one I bought is iHeritage. It's an awesome family tree maker. I took my iPad over to my great grandmother's house this morning to get info on my ancestors. It was awesome. Well worth the $3 it cost.

I still need to grab the iWork apps though.

spectre51

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
Magic piano is awesome. Can't wait for more released songs.

Abc
Netflix
USA today
Tweetdeck

Looking forward to more iPad specific apps

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Magic piano is awesome. Can't wait for more released songs.

Abc

You're actually getting the ABC player to work consistently without crashing? I've given up on deleting/reinstalling it until there's an update.

alex2792

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Sam and max is awesome on the iPad and being able to play it 2weeks before it comes to other platforms is just an added bonus.

spectre51

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2008
You're actually getting the ABC player to work consistently without crashing? I've given up on deleting/reinstalling it until there's an update.

Yeh no issues at all. My wife and I rewatched the Modern Family iPad episode last night. Smooth play back and looked great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.