Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
epic_fail.jpg

this is a deserving thing for the eagles right now they just handed there season over to the redskins.

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
Wow.

As a Philadelphian, all I can say is that Kolb better freakin' rock.

I cheered when McNabb was drafted. I have been a fan, and was always mad he wasn't given some decent receivers. The one year he had a top 10 receiver, they went to the Super Bowl.

What a mess. And I was in a good mood thanks to the Flyers sticking it to the Red Wings. That lasted 8 hours? 6 maybe? :(

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I kinda thought that the raiders would have bucked up and snagged him.

I highly recommend http://www.profootballtalk.com for all of you NFL fans out there. They are usually spot on with their rumors. They seem to be connected pretty well to NFL front offices and Player agents.

Thanks for the link....

I didn't think he would get traded at all personally I thought they would stick it out and he would retire an eagle! This is big, the redskins just jumped up a few more in the rankings in my book. New coach and now a seasoned quarterback. They could be really good this year especially in the NFC East.

I still like my Cowboys thou!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
epic_fail.jpg

this is a deserving thing for the eagles right now they just handed there season over to the redskins.

Which I am happy about because I can finally wear my Redskins shirt outside without shame! Here's hoping for an amazing season for the underdogs!

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
Well, it's going to be an interesting draft.

The Eagles need to do something huge to appease the fans after the McNabb departure. To Washington. Ick.

Broncos still have Marshall, and neither side likes each other.

But on the bright side, I got to watch (and rewatch) the destruction of Texas stadium, which I enjoyed thoroughly. :D

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Well, it's going to be an interesting draft.

The Eagles need to do something huge to appease the fans after the McNabb departure. To Washington. Ick.

Broncos still have Marshall, and neither side likes each other.

But on the bright side, I got to watch (and rewatch) the destruction of Texas stadium, which I enjoyed thoroughly. :D

Yeah but have you seen the new stadium.... Kicks ass and their is still a hole in the roof so the big guy upstairs can watch his favorite team! :D:D

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Wow Jets are looking to be great this coming season Tolmison From what i heard saturday night the Jets were meeeting Jason Taylor from the Dolphins again in the 2nd time that week, and ESPN is reporting they nabbed a deal with Pittsburg for Santonio Holmes.http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5077088

The Jets are buidling a team that has a real chance to make some noise this year. The Pats are in somewhat of a rebuilding phase, which gives NY the perfect opportunity to take the division. They are collecting veteran talent that doesn't neccesarily help them out in the long run, but definitely gives them a fighting chance this season. Rex Ryan is a smart guy, and I love what his general attitude and demeanor is doing for the game.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
The Jets are buidling a team that has a real chance to make some noise this year. The Pats are in somewhat of a rebuilding phase, which gives NY the perfect opportunity to take the division. They are collecting veteran talent that doesn't neccesarily help them out in the long run, but definitely gives them a fighting chance this season. Rex Ryan is a smart guy, and I love what his general attitude and demeanor is doing for the game.

As a Jets fan this is definitely exciting for me.. They are taking last years momentum and building on it. Should be a fun season

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
As a Jets fan this is definitely exciting for me.. They are taking last years momentum and building on it. Should be a fun season

Holmes takes the double team pressure off Edwards, and on top of them, you get Cotchery back in the slot (where he belongs). That's a great WR tandem, as long as Sophomore Sanchez can hit his targets!

For the record, I'm a die-hard Pats fan, but the Jets moves in the past year are going to make for some exciting matchups, for sure.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Yeah but have you seen the new stadium.... Kicks ass and their is still a hole in the roof so the big guy upstairs can watch his favorite team! :D:D

The only reason for the hole in the roof is so all those texans can fit their massive egos in there.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Looks like big Ben got a lucky break today. Although he probably should be brought up on rape charges.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
I hate this time of year when every NFL-oriented website runs the same tired draft stories over and over again.

"All time best picks [at #XX]"
"Best Draft Picks Ever"
"Mock Draft X.X"
"All-Time Biggest Busts" <--- although this one might get interesting if writers grow some balls and start including Jamarcus Russell and/or Reggie Bush.

:mad:

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Looks like big Ben got a lucky break today. Although he probably should be brought up on rape charges.

He should be suspended for atleast 5 games- season if not Godel will be shown he's a Joke. cause he is a top Superbowl QB.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
I hate this time of year when every NFL-oriented website runs the same tired draft stories over and over again.

"All time best picks [at #XX]"
"Best Draft Picks Ever"
"Mock Draft X.X"
"All-Time Biggest Busts" <--- although this one might get interesting if writers grow some balls and start including Jamarcus Russell and/or Reggie Bush.

:mad:

One of the biggest (no pun intended) busts of all time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.