Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Believe it or not this holds the iPad perfectly in either orientation. It's quite stable and perfectly priced!!

Get yours at Staples: here!

photo3.jpg

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

lotusindigo

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
I thought this was going to be a joke thread. Like, use an office binder clip as an iPad stand. That's kind of cool, though.

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC
Love it!

My dock arrived today but only holds the unit in portrait mode.

I'll stop by Staples on the way home and do some investigative work. :)

Khurram

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
Looks like it works perfectly!
If I hadn't fractured my leg a couple days ago I'd go out and pick one up:(

I guess I can add it to the list of things my wife needs to pick up:D

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
I'm so getting one if they have them in store. How heavy is the thing? I don't want my iPad to go falling over the side of my desk or something.

TW!SM

macrumors regular
May 10, 2009
Brilliant Idea! Yes, please someone check this out and report back.

Thanks in advance!

If nobody replies before tonight I will run down and pick one up and provide my input on how it works with the Apple Case.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
If nobody replies before tonight I will run down and pick one up and provide my input on how it works with the Apple Case.

let us know, looking forward to more people using this and seeing how it works with the ipad apple case.

ryanide

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
How stable is this thing?

Surprisingly it is quite stable. If you are going to use it on a desk (and keep it mostly in one place) you could use some double stick tape under it to keep it positioned on the desk, especially if you plan to type or do something other than watch videos.

The thickness of the iPad fits nicely in the space without feeling like it is going to slip out, plus it is wide enough that it is not going to tip side to side. I don't know about with the Apple case, probably too thick.

If you are worried, guess you could use some scotch double sided tape (the thin style) inside...?

TW!SM

macrumors regular
May 10, 2009
let us know, looking forward to more people using this and seeing how it works with the ipad apple case.

I went down there really quick, they dont sell it at my store, online only.

I wish the apple dock worked with the case.... :(

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2002
I just stopped by Office Depot to check it out. I have the Apple case, and it didn't feel sturdy enough for me. Close, but not quite.

yaroldb

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
Sweet, there is a staples on my way home. I think I'll stop by this week.

Thanks for the heads up...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.