Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spliff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
Has anyone been able to successfully pair their iPad and their iPhone via bluetooth? Both devices just sit there waiting for one to be discovered.

Would appreciate if anyone could help me out with this! Thanks!

Damitri

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2007
New York, NY
Has anyone been able to successfully pair their iPad and their iPhone via bluetooth? Both devices just sit there waiting for one to be discovered.

I don't think the iPhone will pair with anything but headsets. The bluetooth implementation in iPhoneOS is very limited. Specific apps can pair with other iPhones or the iPad running a compatible (the same) app. But you won't be able to discover and pair with other phones/computers through the settings page. At least that is my eperience. I am sure others have more to add here!

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007

If you look at Apple's information page it informs you that on the iPad:

Supports Bluetooth peer-to-peer connectivity for applications. See this article for additional information. Internet tethering is not supported.

That page also provides information on every possible iPhone and iPad pairing type.

macav8r

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
All I want to do is get a notification with caller ID while using my iPad. Similar to when receiving an email while watching video or listening to music.
Is that so hard?

FastangV6

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
Not sure this will help with your specific issue or not, but there is a JB app called iBlueNova that works decently well on my iPhone 3G at transferring files with other bluetooth enabled devices (i.e. other phones, etc.). Not sure if the app works on the iPad yet or not though.

jaycee520

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2009
..hi guys does anyone know if the IPAD supports A2DP? Thinking of pairing it to a wireless speaker using bluetooth...thanks for any info..:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.