Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluehaze013

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2007
Can't upload or download anything through the web seems like a huge oversight to me. Hopefully they address this in the OS 4.0

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Can't upload or download anything through the web seems like a huge oversight to me. Hopefully they address this in the OS 4.0

It's not an issue really, i don't see this being allowed by Apple and they probably have their reasons, i do think it would be nice though.

MegaDell

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2009
You mean can you upload videos taken from a camera, upload them to a computer, then sync them to your ipad, then upload them to youtube?

Even if you could, why would you want to?

Shoesy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Colchester, UK.
You mean can you upload videos taken from a camera, upload them to a computer, then sync them to your ipad, then upload them to youtube?

Even if you could, why would you want to?

Camera kit > ipad > youtube

I'm sure there will be an app for that (if not one already). Don't videos get kept in the photos folder which would allow usual access (sorry I'm a lowly 3g user!).

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
Yeah you can. I have uploaded all my iPhone 3GS pics and videos. I just went to my photo app on ipad. And therees an option to send to youtube.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Yeah you can. I have uploaded all my iPhone 3GS pics and videos. I just went to my photo app on ipad. And therees an option to send to youtube.

No there isn't, Videos are stored in the Videos app and photos in the Photo app, non of them have a Youtube upload button.

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
No there isn't, Videos are stored in the Videos app and photos in the Photo app, non of them have a Youtube upload button.

Hahaha oh how wrong you are. All my 3GS videos are stored in the photo app just like they are in my iPhone.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Hahaha oh how wrong you are. All my 3GS videos are stored in the photo app just like they are in my iPhone.

Ok now I understand, I have music videos only but why would you transfer your iPhone videos to your iPad to upload? No point

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
Ok now I understand, I have music videos only but why would you transfer your iPhone videos to your iPad to upload? No point

yeah i wouldn't upload onto my ipad JUST to upload it to youtube, but any video i take on my 3GS i will upload onto my ipad anyways, so why not have the option to upload to youtube straight from the ipad, i think its good. oh and pics just for proof.
photo1-2.png

photo2-2.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.