Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eye4Desyn

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2009
U, S, and A
The complaint is that when you go to select what applications you want on your iPad (or iPhone, or iPod) they are all listed in one long list and you have to check (or uncheck) each app.

Personally, since you only have to do this once, and iPad-only apps won't sync anywhere else, I don't really see the hardship.

Besides, if you discover you've accidentally synced an unwanted iPhone app to your iPad, all you have to do is delete it off the iPad and iTunes will remember that for you.

I had a feeling this was what all the hoopla was about. Thanks for the heads up and accurate clarification. I'll know what to expect/look for when my 3G gets here.

ianonline

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
Royal Leamington Spa, UK
Same old, same old.

Two years since this thread was last updated. iTunes 11 has just been released, and I have an iPad4 along with my old iPhone 3GS. Added videos to watch on the bigger iPad screen... and next thing I know, after a very long sync, it's on my iPhone too and the whole phone is slowed down.

I read Apple earned $20bn in the last quarter of 2010, but perhaps they still can't afford to pay someone with the skills to get this right.

kulimer

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
Two years since this thread was last updated. iTunes 11 has just been released, and I have an iPad4 along with my old iPhone 3GS. Added videos to watch on the bigger iPad screen... and next thing I know, after a very long sync, it's on my iPhone too and the whole phone is slowed down.

I read Apple earned $20bn in the last quarter of 2010, but perhaps they still can't afford to pay someone with the skills to get this right.

I agree. I hate iTunes also. You can only transfer music from iTunes to iPad, not the reverse.

I don't see what's so wrong if I transferred something from my iPad to iTunes and listen to it on my laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.