Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KratosKilla

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Is there anywhere to find the catalogue of books available? I'm really interested in purchasing an iPad and would like to know which books are avilable on the iBooks app at this time and in the future.

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
You can also purchase ebooks from Barnes & Noble and import them. You are not at all tied to iBook Store.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7D11 Safari/531.21.10)

I am also curious to see what books are available. I currently own a kindle and it's very easy to browse amazon for available titles. With the iPad it seems like you have to have the iBook app to see what's available.

paj

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2003
USA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7D11 Safari/531.21.10)

I am also curious to see what books are available. I currently own a kindle and it's very easy to browse amazon for available titles. With the iPad it seems like you have to have the iBook app to see what's available.

It's not that easy to find books in the iPad app either. If it's not in the featured list or recently released, you have to know what you want and search on a keyword.

MaureenMcCarron

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2011
Maureen in Conesus

Just purchased a used iPad to use for eBooks & e-mail while traveling in Europe this summer. Haven't been able to see a directory of currently available books from Apple (or anywhere else) for downloading yet.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Just purchased a used iPad to use for eBooks & e-mail while traveling in Europe this summer. Haven't been able to see a directory of currently available books from Apple (or anywhere else) for downloading yet.

Browse iBooks books in the ibooks application.

Amazon has the Kindle app, and Barnes & Noble has the Nook app.

Also check out Stanza.

I've bought several things from fictionwise.com and the epub format works fine in ibooks. Add through iTunes on your computer then sync over. Maybe there's a direct ipad way, I don't know for Fictionwise.

EazyWeazy3

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
Way toooo many books to list.

Take a look at the book store on your device. I'm sure they have whatever you're looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.