Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2good2btru

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
I have a girl I'd like to take to Prom. The only problem is, she lives 600 miles away. I've already asked her informally, and she's agreed to go with me, but I still want to ask her formally, because that's fun for her.

Like I said, she lives far away and I want to take advantage of the distance. I had the idea of sending her something in the mail each day for 7 days and then at the end of the week, all of those items combined make something cool asking her to Prom. The only problem I have now is, I don't know what those 7 things are. Any ideas would be GREAT!!

Or, any other suggestions for asking her are acceptable too. ;) Thanks!!

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I have a girl I'd like to take to Prom. The only problem is, she lives 600 miles away. I've already asked her informally, and she's agreed to go with me, but I still want to ask her formally, because that's fun for her.

Formal:

"My dear ______ (say her name here), wouldst thou kindly consider favoring me with your charming company at said event, on the evening of Saturday, the twelfth day of May, in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Ten, at Seven-Thirty o'clock?"

Informal:

"Hey, will you go to the Prom with me?"

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Formal:

"My dear ______ (say her name here), wouldst thou kindly consider favoring me with your charming company at said event, on the evening of Saturday, the twelfth day of May, in the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Ten, at Seven-Thirty o'clock?""

I like it!
I just bought some flowers and asked the girl I liked. That is, she went to the same school as me. Good luck man

RudyGrow

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2009
Travel to her house. Call her up, start a conversation, then ask her to go outside on her porch (where you are waiting), hang up the phone, and ask her to prom, in person.

renewed

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
7 items to ask her to prom? hmm

okay...

1. Poster board. Tell her to save this.
2. Next border. Tell her to put this around the poster board.
3. WILL in letters. Tell her to glue this in the upper left corner
4. YOU (repeat next to WILL)
5.GO (same under)
6. TO (same)
7. PROM WITH ME?(same)

Maybe on the 7th send some flowers too.

I dunno all I could think of. :D

ergdegdeg

Moderator emeritus
Oct 13, 2007
Get a big jigsaw puzzle printed somewhere that says "Will you go to Prom with me?" or something like that. Then send her portions of the jigsaw puzzle each day. In the end, she can put it together. It probably should have some kind of pattern/background image so it's easier/at all possible to assemble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.