Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Does anyone else use the power etrade pro app to day trade and find that it frequently just quits the app for no reason? If so, do you have a solution for this? I love the app btu find it unreliable. Not sure if it is an Etrade issue or a wifi problem, but it's the only app I have that keeps quitting.

chacal777

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2010
Re: Power Etrade Pro keeps disconnecting

What's going on mate? I have the same problem (on a MacBook Pro 13). I'm currently using a wireless port or a webstick from TMobile but have decided to switch to a high speed connection using the Ethernet port since the disconnect problem is severely heightening my trades' risk factor (I use manually triggered trailing stops to avoid being stopped out through regular stop loss orders). I've used Etrade for a few years now and never had any problems with the platform as long as I was connected via Ethernet.

DanDee22

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2013
ETrade Pro DOWN for Mac Users !

spoke w/ them yesterday . They "apoligize" & say they're working on it. ( how bout the $800. i've Lost thus far )? Call em - Pester em = 1 888 388 2900 !:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.