Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
I've noticed the iPad has restarted once or twice while using a few of the iPad apps, Safari was one of the apps I think, and maybe The Elements. And again I was playing Yahtzee (iPhone game) on the iPad and it just restarted -- lost the game progress.

I've played with it a lot, it's only happened a few times... I've played games like Dungeon Hunter HD, Real Racing HD, Modern Combat: Sandstorm HD, N.O.V.A HD without issue.
I understand apps crash, but I don't think the device should be restarting right? Or is it no big deal?

FYI, I live in Australia and had this shipped here and don't want to be sending it in.

Sleazy E

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2009
Disneyland
I know this doesn't help your situation to hear but I have not had any crashes nor restarts. I'd say it isn't normal.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
Well, I want those apps. It's not restarting when I'm not using apps. However, one of the apps was Safari I think -- I can't remove it.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
The whole iPad is turning off and restarting or just the app crashes and you return to the home screen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.