Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
So I've only played scrabble a few times, and Im kinda confused. Here is what the scoring says from their web site

Scoring said:
•Double the value of any tiles that were played this turn on a DL space, and triple the value of any tile that was played on a TL space this turn. Do not double the value of tiles on DL and TL spaces for tiles that were played on previous rounds.
•Add up the values of all letters in the word, even if some were played on a previous turn.
•Double the value of the word if any tiles this turn were played on a DW space (and double it again in the case were 2 DW spaces were played upon). Triple the value of the word if any tiles this turn were played on a TW space (and triple it again if 2 TW spaces were used). Do not multiply words if tiles on DW or TW spaces were used from a previous turn.
•It is possible to create multiple words with the same play. In this case, score each new word separately, including bonuses, and sum all of the new words together.
•35 bonus points are awarded whenever a player uses all 7 tiles on their rack in a single turn.

So here are the two words Im confused about so far, no matter what I do I can't add the scores up and make them match what it got.

1. The word GREET was already there, I played the wore KITE using the T from GREET. It gave me 54 Pts. for it. Following their logic, since GREET was there already it was not a "new" word, so I should have gotten the points from it, but even if I did I still cant get up to 54.

Here is a screen shot, note the TW under the E in KITE, TL under the K in KITE, and also a DL under the E in GREET.

IMG_0029.png

Could someone please break down exactly how it got 54 for KITE?

2. RUPEE, and TEAS were on the board, my friend spelled the word "ZAS" Even though the word he spelled was ZAS, the game said that he played RUPEES, and gave him a score of 68. If he played ZAS, why did it say he played RUPEES, and how did it get to 68?

Screenshot: TW under S in ZAS, TL under P in RUPEES, DW under S in TEAS, and DL under T in TEAS

IMG_0030.png

Sorry for the rant, just confused :)

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
In kite the K is on a TL so it's worth 15 points. With the other 3 points the word is worth 18 which is tripled to 54. In the second word three words were spelled zas, ta, and rupees. Ta is worth 2 points. Zas is worth 36 points. Rupees is worth 30 points. The TW on the S is being played on both zas and rupees so both words are tripled.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
In kite the K is on a TL so it's worth 15 points. With the other 3 points the word is worth 18 which is tripled to 54. In the second word three words were spelled zas, ta, and rupees. Ta is worth 2 points. Zas is worth 36 points. Rupees is worth 30 points. The TW on the S is being played on both zas and rupees so both words are tripled.

Thank you, I feel stupid for Kite, since it seems obvious now, but the other one was a little confusing. :) You cleared it up :)

=Drew

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
X on a TL for 50 points?

How did this happen? I just played X on a TL, spelling OX and EX and was given 50 points. This seems like a legitimate glitch, no?

Attachments

• WWF glitch.png
    WWF glitch.png
    347.7 KB · Views: 361

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
How did this happen? I just played X on a TL, spelling OX and EX and was given 50 points. This seems like a legitimate glitch, no?

50 is correct; you get 8 points for X, times 3 for TL totaling 24, times 2 for two words with that X totaling 48, plus 1 for the letters E and O each.

QueenBeeKE

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Okay... My first word in this game was "caged" for 23 points as it shows I received 32... Was there some bonus points I'm not aware of??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    720.9 KB · Views: 398
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.