Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kcissem D

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
After thinking about it for awhile i bought a apple tv today and i'm already starting to regret it. I can't get the thing to sync with Itunes. I've tried it wirelessly, hardwired, straight in, etc and each time it say some error to do with port 3689. I don't use a firewall and don't think it is a router as it wouldn't sync even when connected straight to the apple tv box itself bypassing all other network elements. I can stream to it just fine, it's the syncing that is causing all my issues. any ideas?

Pupsicle

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2010
I've got the same problem. ATV no longer shows in iTunes since installing Integra and the sync is patchy, rather than impossible.

So what was the fix? Did you remove Integra or change one of the settings to enable the Apple TV sync?

pup

Kcissem D

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
I've got the same problem. ATV no longer shows in iTunes since installing Integra and the sync is patchy, rather than impossible.

So what was the fix? Did you remove Integra or change one of the settings to enable the Apple TV sync?

pup

i just simply disabled the real time monitoring feature.

Pupsicle

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2010
Job done

I've changed the IPV6 to off and hey ho, ATV is seen in iTunes and starts syncing straight away. Looks like that's a fix!:eek::eek::eek:

Pup:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.