Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starchasing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Im using Snow leopard and everytime i press the play/pause button Itunes is launched... this is cumbersome because i use Ecoute to listen to my music so i basic dont have a shortcut to pause my music.

Does anyone know how to stop this behaviour?

thanks

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Im using Snow leopard and everytime i press the play/pause button Itunes is launched... this is cumbersome because i use Ecoute to listen to my music so i basic dont have a shortcut to pause my music.

Does anyone know how to stop this behaviour?

thanks

having same thing although i find it handy as i use iTunes what i know is when your using another app e.g quicktime the shortcuts are used to quicktime, maybe the app is not configured

starchasing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
having same thing although i find it handy as i use iTunes what i know is when your using another app e.g quicktime the shortcuts are used to quicktime, maybe the app is not configured

The problem is that i press pause , Ecoute pauses , but itunes is launched

mightydrake

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2009
I have the same problem. Im using Songbird for my music, and everytime I play/pause a song with the F8 key, Itunes is launching, found no way to deactivate this shortcut.

Looking for some help if anyone found the solution.

Jonnybeats

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
Bristol UK
I had this problem, the only solution I came up with was to zip up itunes in the applications folder, this way it can't launch when you press the media keys but you can open it again to rip CDs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.