Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac_Maniac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Vancouver, WA
For many years now, I have come to the conclusion that mac's sucked. I had only used those old 66mhz power pc's...I know not much of an experience. But recently I bought a 600Mhz G3 w/ 1mb L2 cache, 384MB RAM, 16GB HDD, 32mb Radeon, OS X Jaguar power PC from my uncle with 17'' monitor for $20! I was "well for $20 what's to loose" so I bought it and have loved it ever since. It works like a charm! Mac OS X is simply better then my Win XP pro OS....period. Even though my PC is much more powerful then my Mac....I am using the Mac more..lol! The design and accesories like airport and cinema display are very much applealing. ipod is one of the best (if not) best Mp3 devices I have ever come across. I am a new Mac user....AND LOVIN' IT! ;) :D :) :cool:

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
At last! We finally know the exact price a new low-end headless consumer machine from Apple should have to make millions and millions of windows users switch! :)

Sweet deal, man. Enjoy your Mac (and upgrade sometime in the future when you're completely hooked :D ).

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
That's an amazing deal you got there. Congratulations on your successful switch. I have one comment though - if you like your G3 Mac so much, you would probably enjoy a PowerMac G5 (available now) running Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" (due for release in the first half of 2005) even more. Although the G5 Macs are super-fast, they're also the most expensive (for now - sometimes the PowerBook takes over that crown).

Edit: I'm a macrumors 65832 now! Yay!

Montserrat

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
UK
Mac_Maniac said:
For many years now, I have come to the conclusion that mac's sucked. I had only used those old 66mhz power pc's...I know not much of an experience. But recently I bought a 600Mhz G3 w/ 1mb L2 cache, 384MB RAM, 16GB HDD, 32mb Radeon, OS X Jaguar power PC from my uncle with 17'' monitor for $20! I was "well for $20 what's to loose"

I'll give you $20 for the Display and that's a 100% profit for you :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.