Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orangerock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
I would hate to think an app went from "free" to "$4.99", for example, before I downloaded it.

orangerock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
I downloaded a few free ones already. Any you recommend?
Off the top of my head, the ones that I could easily see going from free to $ are:
ABC player
Toy Story read along
yahoo! entertainment
...and maybe the weather channel

Soulcrux

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2008
been since before the wifi even came

This.

Although i am, inversely, holding out on downloading apps that are 9.99 and up in hopes that they lower in price (at least until i actually have my iPad in-hand)

For example, Comic Reader Mobi went from $14.99 to $9.99 a few days ago.

orangerock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
This.

Although i am, inversely, holding out on downloading apps that are 9.99 and up in hopes that they lower in price (at least until i actually have my iPad in-hand)

For example, Comic Reader Mobi went from $14.99 to $9.99 a few days ago.
That's a good point too.

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
I didn't even think about the possible price changes. Though, I'd rather wait until my new MBP arrives...hopefully tomorrow.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Haha.

I bought like $60 worth of apps on the weekend the app store went public and a bit more since then, and as I'm in Canada I won't get my iPad until late May. :(

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I've grabbed a couple that were on special (or purported to be!) but for the most part am waiting until my 3G comes.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Just downloading a few select free ones for now. Won't pay for any until I actually get the damn thing.

Dustoff00

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2010
Allen, TX
Still Downloading...

Had to take my 64 wifi back due to wifi issues... BB did not have any to do an exchange, so ordered up the 64 3g to replace it... Still downloading the free or very good ones and have several on my wish list... Just waiting for April 30th to get here...

Missing my iPad... Been almost a week already without my fix...:(

mark34

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2006
yes about 20... mostly free or seemingly specially or consistently priced... argh I want my iPad!

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
I've downloaded a bunch, both free and paid (I had a bunch of itunes gift cards) before the WiFi even came out. I mostly thought it was easier to grab them then to try to keep a list going somewhere. So, as I find one that I am pretty sure I will want or that are free and worth the chance, I go ahead and download it. The ones I'm iffy on, I'll just wait and determine if it's worth the price after I get the device.

David R

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2003
Orlando, FL
I haven't purchased any yet but I'm seriously considering jumping on some that have lowered the price recently because I'm afraid that they'll raise them again right before the 3G launch.

rwmson

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2010
My company had a reduction in force scheduled to be announced today, and I have a 3G scheduled to be delivered by the end of the month. I had already scouted out the apps and movies I wanted on the iPad so I had to ask myself - If I get laid off, will I sell the iPad and forgo downloading the apps in order to save money?

Naa! I downloaded the apps this morning prior to the RIF announcement while I still had a paycheck to pay for them. Fortunately I kept my job and so normalcy was restored to world balance. Life is good!

LocoMoco

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Iowa
I did :D

Words with Friends HD, ABC Player, Harbor Master HD, Netflix, The Weather Channel, and the Constitution for iPad. ;) Can't Wait for Hulu (though not sure how much it'll cost when it does come out...as far as subscription wise anyway)

I keep looking for more.....I've been adding one every few days or so...!

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
51 iPad specific
14 Universal.

Several paid (i.e. Goodreader, Mirror's Edge, PadNotes, Star Walk), but I figure what the heck, waiting wasn't going to change the fact that I was going to get them anyway.

I've also made a list of which apps will go on which page based on category. All the better for the the folders come with 4.0.

I will leave for an extended international trip about a week after I get it (yay 30th). So, I wanted to have it all set to go.

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
It would be nice to have a wishlist function in iTunes or a way to tag them/whatever.

There is. When you're on the app page, theres a little arrow (pull down) menu just to the right of the price. There is your wish list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.