Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

football84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
I had meant to click on an icon in the dock & accidentally hit iphoto - and drug it just enough up to where it disappeared. I checked the trash and spotlight...nothing.

Version 10.6.3
-Installed Snow Leopard when it came out.

All I can find is "iphoto getting started" on my imac....

thank you.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Go to your Applications folder. Find iPhoto. Drag it back into the dock.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Finder > New Window (CMD+N) > CMD+SHIFT+A > iPhoto > drag it to the Dock.

Or SPOTLIGHT: "iPhoto" > CMD+ENTER (not ENTER) > drag it to the Dock

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
OS isn't related to the issue here, btw. Just go to your Applications folder and drag iPhoto back onto the Dock.

If Spotlight wasn't finding it, you might need to reindex your drive. To do so, open System Preferences, click on Spotlight, and go to the Privacy tab. Drag your hard drive onto that list, quit System Preferences, and then repeat the procedure, except you then want to remove your hard drive from the list. Spotlight will say that it is indexing for a while, and then should find everything appropriately.

jW

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
iphoto is not in the applications folder.

Wow, how could you have deleted by dragging it off the Dock?

Anyways, you can use the second gray restore DVD (Applications / bundled software) to re-install iPhoto.

Look in Users / YOU / Pictures / iPhoto / for an existing iPhoto library file, if you have used iPhoto, then the file should be in the GBs. Make a copy of that just to be sure before you re-install iPhoto.

illy123

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2010
Try hitting cmd + space, type in iPhoto, then hold cmd and click on what the result that Finder shows you (it should show you were the application is).

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Try hitting cmd + space, type in iPhoto, then hold cmd and click on what the result that Finder shows you (it should show you were the application is).

We already told that to the OP who responded of not having found the iPhoto application via Spotlight or even in the Applications folder.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Hard to believe iPhoto isn't still on the HD.

I would right click on a photo (jpg or whatever), and choose open with to see if iPhoto is a choice.

Yeah. That's why I screamed WOW in one of my posts. But it happens. In my early days with computers I deleted .dll files, not knowing what they were. Learnt my lesson and switched to Mac OS X ten years later. :p

But when a void Spotlight search and the and the non existence of iPhoto in the "official" Applications folder is any indication, the application might be deleted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.