Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Basically I discovered my iPhone has a default alarm clock app instead of getting 3rd party. Now I love it because it does everything I want it to do but sadly there is no stop button just snooze when it goes off. I press the volume button but just goes into snooze and when I unlock to maybe get a Stop button same thing. Only time I get the Stop button is when I unlock and hearing music I can stop it.

Hopefully I make sense because I don't know any way of explaining this.

Tu13es

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
Basically I discovered my iPhone has a default alarm clock app instead of getting 3rd party. Now I love it because it does everything I want it to do but sadly there is no stop button just snooze when it goes off. I press the volume button but just goes into snooze and when I unlock to maybe get a Stop button same thing. Only time I get the Stop button is when I unlock and hearing music I can stop it.

Hopefully I make sense because I don't know any way of explaining this.

If your phone is locked, it should say something like "slide to turn off". If it's unlocked, it should present you with "Snooze" and "OK", to which you click OK and it stops the alarm.

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
If your phone is locked, it should say something like "slide to turn off". If it's unlocked, it should present you with "Snooze" and "OK", to which you click OK and it stops the alarm.

Thank you! I never read it what the slider says since well.... its the morning. You made my day!

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Thank you! I never read it what the slider says since well.... its the morning. You made my day!

The problem is when you wake up, you're not alert enough to be sliding crap. I hate this feature of the iPhone. I'd rather have any button be snooze and tap on the screen to stop or vice versa. I can't tell you how many times I've done the wrong thing when trying to snooze or trying to turn it off.

Kayleigh801234

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2014
I had this problem yesterday but mine was kinda a different problem. I had woke up to my alarm clock and I could not turn it of and it took me 30mins to do because I had only just woke up. How to do it is luckily I had an app that was an alarm clock that did not come with the phone I went on that and it gave me the option to snooze and that it I pressed it and then after that it gave me the option to shut down. I pressed that and it turned of I'm not quite sure if It has messed with my volume yet but I will just have to wait and see.the app is used was called alarm clock music free. Thank you

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
The problem is when you wake up, you're not alert enough to be sliding crap. I hate this feature of the iPhone. I'd rather have any button be snooze and tap on the screen to stop or vice versa. I can't tell you how many times I've done the wrong thing when trying to snooze or trying to turn it off.

So true.

In fact, when I wake up I'm lucky if I can find the floor.:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.