Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linshiwen

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2007
Identity confirm sound in Minority Report. Anyone ever notice that? I googled it to see if I was just out of the loop, but I found nothing.

Its the same little bleep sound. I guess iPhone creators wanted to pay homage to the inspiration of multitouch demonstrated in the movie?

Masquerade

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2007
Identity confirm sound in Minority Report. Anyone ever notice that? I googled it to see if I was just out of the loop, but I found nothing.

Its the same little bleep sound. I guess iPhone creators wanted to pay homage to the inspiration of multitouch demonstrated in the movie?

yes. it is the same..

chkdg8

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2007
Here's a comment from the YouTube clip that confirms this:

-sigh- I don't know where to start. Sound design is a whole industry unto itself. Sound designers work hard on this stuff and sell it to media companies, usually as compilation "packs", grouped together thematically. This is exactly like the same font in two different places and freaking out about it.

That kind of makes sense in the scheme of things but knowing that sound design is a beast onto itself, I can't help but to think that Apple, through Pixar, could have access to sound effects and their talented artists. Now, who came up with it first? I caught this little "easter egg" just now.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Minority Report is on TNT right now, and I noticed the iPhone sync sound right away (after Anderton had his eyes scanned). At first I thought it was my iPhone. I had to pause and replay the scene a couple of times because I wasn't sure if it was my iPhone making a random sync sound or if it was the movie.

Strange......

Nyeron

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
What is the sound file called?

What is the sound file called and where can I find it on the iphone.

Or does anyone know where to download it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.