Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spectre51

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
So I am loving my iPad and all the apps. I've noticed most of the games I play require online access and since I have a wifi version and not always on the internet I was hoping you guys could help me with a list of really good offline games?

I have Let's Golf HD which I really like and got N.O.V.A. but haven't played it that much. Any others you think would be good? I'm not a big racing fan but am thinking about getting Shrek Kart.

jeffy777

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
Soosiz HD is a lot of fun and it's only .99 cents right now. Well worth every penny of that.

Harbor Master is fun and free.

Cocoto Kart HD is great too. It has both offline and online and it's on sale for .99 cents.

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
I highly recommend getting Cocoto Kart instead of Shrek Kart. Cocoto Kart is WAY superior than Shrek in every way and I think it's still on sale in the states for .99

Need for Speed Shift is freaking fun, Zombieville HD is a blast too.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
Zen Bound has always been my favorite iPhone game and I highly recommend Zen Bound 2 on iPad. If you like the Tap Tap games give Tap Tap Radiation a try, 35 or so free songs all ready. Crosswords is designed wonderfully on iPad and its the same darn price as the iPhone version! Harbor Master and/or Flight Control

and of course, Plants Vs. Zombies!!

I have bought too many Apps lately so I am gonna wait a while until I get more, but Amazon: Hidden Expedition looks great. I loved Everest: Hidden Expedition on iPhone way back when it first came out as $1. From then on the made their games $5 which was never worth it on iPhone.

kepner

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2003
Gameloft has some impressive games out for the iPad. Asphalt and N.O.V.A are my favorites at the moment. Both were available previously for iPhone, but they're much more fun on the iPad.

N.O.V.A. is simply amazing, especially the multi-player online gameplay. 4 people in numerous maps in deathmatches. Just awesome.

That sounds great. I haven't had a chance to try multiplayer yet.

spectre51

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I forgot i had harbor master. That is a great game. A lot better than flight control IMHO. Hoping to see a iPad version of GTA china town wars.

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Mirrors Edge is cool for showing off iPad however a bit pricey!!

Love X Plane for showing off graphics!!!

Plant V Zombies im itching to buy!!!

IscariotJ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2004
UK
I forgot i had harbor master. That is a great game. A lot better than flight control IMHO. Hoping to see a iPad version of GTA china town wars.

An iPad version of GTA CTW would be awesome, though I doubt we'll see one now. Seeing as GTA3 has done quite well, GTA:VC must be next....

Be interesting to see if GTA3 gets updated for retina, though I've noticed the big game studios don't seem interested in supporting their games for more than a couple of months....

DustinKirk

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2009
Ducky Letters

Ducky letters is a great offline game. It is a fun word game similar to Bananagrams and Scrabble.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ducky-letters/id855618514?ls=1&mt=8

ducky_letters.png

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Little known gems:

Sprinkle Islands
Little Bit Evil

Not racing but these two offer hours of gameplay and fun.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.