Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
How do I restore safari back on my iphone, more specifically, back on my dock?

NBarnes21

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
there is an icon on your iPhone's home screen, labeled "Settings" with a pic of gears as the icon. Hit that.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
You obviously posted this thread in iPhones, but meant to post in the Mac forums.

You can go into Finder and then open the Applications folder. Drag the safari app to the Dock and you'll have it back. Then right click Safari>Options and choose keep in Dock.

macswitcha2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
You obviously posted this thread in iPhones, but meant to post in the Mac forums.

You can go into Finder and then open the Applications folder. Drag the safari app to the Dock and you'll have it back. Then right click Safari>Options and choose keep in Dock.
no...this is an iPhone issue...

I accidentally deleted safari from my iphone, hence why I asked about iTunes because I figured that it can be restored through iTunes once I plug my iPhone to my Mac.

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2008
how did you delete it in the first place? I didnt even know you could delete the preinstalled apps from Apple.

^^^ What he said

unless the poster accidently enabled parental controls and flicked the switch to restrict access? Does that remove the icon?

bellanotte03

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2006
Thank you. :) My Safari icon and iPod icon disappeared. I think it happened when I picked up my iPhone and realized all the icons were wiggling and 2 of the icons on the dock had disappeared. I must have accidentally deleted them. :eek:

Max D

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
Actually I did the exact same thing the other guy did I mustve accidently deleted the safari app while the iphone was in my pocket. The reset home screen layout did NOT work for me!! Can someone please help me find another way to get safari back on my iphone?

Max D

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
OOOoops Aggie was right! :) After I went to restrictions and disabled all my restrictions back to normal safari popped back up. Thanks for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.