Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azkennedy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
The Desert...
Anyone know when the camera kit will be available in stores? I could order one, but if it's going to be available this week I guess I'll just wait. Unfortunately, on all the sites I've checked I haven't seen any availability dates.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I was at the NYC SoHo store yesterday and they did not have them. They also remarked that the other three NYC stores also did not have them.

Poop.

I'll be staying tuned this week for sure.

Bob Chadwick

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
Neither BB or The Apple Store in north Atlanta had them or knew anything about when they were coming in.

ippikiokami

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2010
yeah my last few calls to the GA stores all came up with no one having any idea when they will come in..

A little annoying..

Bob Chadwick

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
I'm going to try and be at BB when they open on Friday. Probably optimistic but maybe the new IPad and the the new camera connector will show up together.

Skystar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
The Apple Store here in Los Angeles (Beverly Center) got some in today. I bought one of the 8 they received.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I called the 5th Ave. store here in NYC earlier today and they still haven't received them. I'll just check back later in the week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm not in a huge hurry, just need it w/in a few weeks.

yaroldb

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
I called the Apple store at perimiter mall in Atlanta, they do not have any or know when they are coming in. I'm hopping they would have it by Friday. The Atlanta Photography meet up is having a big meet up on Sunday and I'd love to bring my iPad and transfer picture I took that day. I'm sure the models will love this....:D

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I'm starting to think I should just go to one of the stores and if they have it -- great, if not -- not the end of the world and I'll go back another day. I wonder why NYC locations haven't received them yet.

Been living here for less than a month and I already sound like a snob. :-/

MattWylde

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2009
I went to the Apple Store in Otay Ranch (San Diego) today and the Apple employee told me that she didn't have them in stock, and didn't have a clue as to when they would be getting them. She was guessing that they would be available on Friday, but was uncertain.

From the sounds of it, the stores are hit and miss. I guess I'll just keep trying back and hope to pick one up by this Friday when my 3G arrives. I don't want to order from the website and wait another 3 weeks. I've waited long enough for the iPad....this has been the longest month of April EVER.

lbregitzer

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
I was able to score one from the Cherry Creek store in CO. They had about 20 of them. Some of the employees didn't even know they had them in stock. I left with one, and even better, I did not lose a finger leaving the mall.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Picked one up at Orland Park, IL Apple Store today. They only had 3 left, and just got them in today. The employee I purchased it from didn't know they had them yet, and said it was the first one he saw.

ippikiokami

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2010
I see a lot of Ga people in this thread. I'll make sure to pick a few extra ones and report on here for you guys if I do find them. Hope you will do the same . Don't worry :p will be at cost if I pick up the extra ones for u guys.

parkds

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2003
Went by the 14th Street store in NYC this morning with no luck. Anyone able to spot one in NYC today. The ship times are crazy on this so I would love to find it in a store.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
I am going to best buy this weekend to see if they have any. Really need one before our 9 day trip to Disney World on May 22nd. Last year the sd card in our camera decided to die a couple days before the end of our trip... we lost hundreds of pictures. I plan on using this to "dump" pictures to the iPad every night when we get back to our resort.

iirobot

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
I am going to best buy this weekend to see if they have any. Really need one before our 9 day trip to Disney World on May 22nd. Last year the sd card in our camera decided to die a couple days before the end of our trip... we lost hundreds of pictures. I plan on using this to "dump" pictures to the iPad every night when we get back to our resort.

Is bestbuy supposed to carry the connection kit?

I have checked with the soho apple store in nyc and they don't have it in stock either.

iirobot

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
Just checked the UWS in NYC and no luck there either.

walked by the soho store again and popped in to try my luck. Did not have it in stock. The lady said most likely by this weekend for the ipad 3g launch.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
Damn, I was hoping to have an excuse to hop on the subway and hit up one of the NYC stores on my day off tomorrow to pick up a camera kit. I'd love to get one before our next home stand but it's not looking that way. :(

I'll try calling one of the stores tomorrow just in case. One could hope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.