Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tanegashima

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Portugal
Have you calibrated your screen? If so, can you share here your calibration?

It's an .icc file located in you ~/Library/Color Sync/Profile or Profiles

Being "~" your home folder...

(sorry, English is not my first language)

MacSoljah

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
I went to apple store today and bought a new 15" i7 hi-res anti-glare MBP. I have the 9CB7 screen. Does any one have a color calibrated profile for it? To anyone with a 9CB7 and screen calibration hardware, please upload your profiles. It will be greatly appreciated!

GeorgeCWB

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2010
Every different screen has different profiles that work for it. You can't share profiles.

gatepc

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Pittsburgh PA
Every different screen has different profiles that work for it. You can't share profiles.

Yes you are correct!

To OP even if you have two identical laptops the screens will have different calibration settings but with that being said if you still want it here is mine.

1680x1050 ( high res option ) calibrated with spyder 3 pro to 6500K 2.2 gamma

File is attached

Attachments

• Color LCD-00000610-0000-9CB6-0000-000004272D82.icc.zip
    6 KB · Views: 5,662

Tanegashima

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Portugal
I currently have a 13.3" Black MacBook, I use a profile I found in this forum and I'm very happy with it.

I compare the monitor output to a photographic 18% grey card and I can't see any red/green/blue bias (tint), I load up daylight-white balanced pictures I took with my Nikon DSLR and the colors are real as they get, so I think it's a very good 2nd best ;)

At least it's a fix for us that can't afford a $100 color calibrator... at least this month :D We aren't doing rocket science after all, are we?

Thank you, gatepc, do you have the AG or the Matte screen?

(I suppose that the glass/matte film have different color shifts)

gatepc

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Pittsburgh PA
I currently have a 13.3" Black MacBook, I use a profile I found in this forum and I'm very happy with it.

I compare the monitor output to a photographic 18% grey card and I can't see any red/green/blue bias (tint), I load up daylight-white balanced pictures I took with my Nikon DSLR and the colors are real as they get, so I think it's a very good 2nd best ;)

At least it's a fix for us that can't afford a $100 color calibrator... at least this month :D We aren't doing rocket science after all, are we?

Thank you, gatepc, do you have the AG or the Matte screen?

(I suppose that the glass/matte film have different color shifts)
No I don't have any AG or a matte screen. I know a lot of people don't like glossy, but I do. It does not bother me because most of the time I am in a dark room anyway.

ztrafe

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2010
Sweden
Yes you are correct!

To OP even if you have two identical laptops the screens will have different calibration settings but with that being said if you still want it here is mine.

File is attached

Glossy HIGH RES?

To all.
Please, add more ICC (color) profiles.

When i had the late 2008 MBP 15" I found a good ICC profile in a similar thread. So please add more ICC profiles because that can be helpful for other peoples.

Cheers

Tanegashima

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Portugal
bzr69.jpg

The 13 inchers are "calibrated" with profiles found in this forum. The 15 is still awaiting ;)

tchek

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2009
Paris - France
Yes you are correct!

File is attached

Thanx , this is for the 9CB6 screen

Anyone have a calibrated profile for the 9CA4 (Samsung) MBP 15 ? I find the original to yellow as usual.

m7ammed

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
Saudi Arabia
I'm new to the Mac world and getting my MBP 13" next week, whats all this about color profiles. I don't get it. I know such a newbie question:eek:

Arie

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2010
The Netherlands
I'm new to the Mac world and getting my MBP 13" next week, whats all this about color profiles. I don't get it. I know such a newbie question:eek:

This is not limited to Mac, but goes for every display out there. If you see a photo on your screen, you do not want it to look too red for example. By calibrating your screen, it will show the colours as they are. Now you will know if a photo truly is too red, as in this example.

austinjulia

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2010
Tanegashima: "I currently have a 13.3" Black MacBook, I use a profile I found in this forum and I'm very happy with it."

Care to share a link?

Tanegashima

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Portugal
I bought a Spyder 3 Express.

Here it is for the

MacBook Pro 2010
15,4" High Resolution Antiglare (matte)
Manufacturer: 0610
Model: 9CB7

Copy to ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles and uncheck the box.

Attachments

• Spyder3Express.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 3,779

ljx718

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2008
While this is true, I have found 5-6 profiles on this site and I've just done a trial and error with each on my new 17" i7 AG until I found one that I thought looked right to me.

which one did you settle on? i have the same setup

nullptr

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2010
Yes you are correct!

File is attached

I think you posted your factory profile. There's no difference.

mdatwood

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
East Coast, USA
which one did you settle on? i have the same setup

There was another thread where someone used a Spyder for their 17" Glossy iirc.

Although I found out today a friend of mine has a Spyder I might try to use this weekend.

Attachments

• Spyder3Express.icc.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 1,191

sirris101

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2008
I calibrated my Core i7 Mid-2010 MacBook Pro with a OptiCal Monaco XR system twice this morning.

Here's the profile, see if you like it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7847/Color LCD Calibrated.icc

I find the response to be a little flatter than the included profile, but the color accuracy to better more accurate and closer to my other external (and profiled) displays.

NOTE: I've got the high res glossy screen 15": 9CB6 model number.

PROFILE DETAILS: D65 2.2 Gamma.

NicktheNorse

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
After people calibrate their screens with some hardware based calibration device, do you find the profile to be much warmer than the stock Apple one?

sirris101

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2008
After people calibrate their screens with some hardware based calibration device, do you find the profile to be much warmer than the stock Apple one?

It's hard to say that it is more warm or cool; moreover I'd say it just seems more accurate as to what I perceive being D65 2.2 with accurate color representation-- however I am seeing a little of the yellow discoloration in the bottom 1/4 of my LCD.

Tanegashima

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Portugal

Yes, all LCD displays have a blue bias, be them CCFL or LED backlit.

Test with some B&W pictures first, if they appear gray-gray and not gray-blue nor grey-yellow...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.