Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bniu

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
I can delete all videos on my iPhone, and I can delete individual TV episodes and podcasts on my iPad, but I can't find out how to delete movies directly on my iPad? I'd like to free up space on my iPad without having to sync it with my iMac...

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Keep trying. There HAS to be a way. Apple would never make a device that can't do basic things like delete a file. :eek:

bradenwh

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008
Hold your finger down on the video, and an "X" will come up in the top left corner of it. Tap it to delete.

bniu

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Hold your finger down on the video, and an "X" will come up in the top left corner of it. Tap it to delete.

wow! thank you so much buddy! This makes my iPad use so much easier.

Bob Chadwick

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
With podcasts it only seems to work at the group level, not each individual episode. If I delete the group from the IPad, will it delete the group on the computer when I synch? Or will ITunes continue to download new episodes as the become available and add them to the IPad?

Zazoh

macrumors 65832
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
With podcasts it only seems to work at the group level, not each individual episode. If I delete the group from the IPad, will it delete the group on the computer when I synch? Or will ITunes continue to download new episodes as the become available and add them to the IPad?

Nope, delete at individual level like you do on iphone. slide over title to expose the delete button.

I whole ipod / video separation on the iPad seems a step back. But, i'm sure they will soon have the development teems meeting each other and joining up.

Bob Chadwick

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
A little more help please. I delete the podcast on the IPad but as soon as I synch, it comes back. Shouldn't the deletion remove the podcast from ITunes, not allow Itunes to put it back on the IPad? Am I missing something?

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
A little more help please. I delete the podcast on the IPad but as soon as I synch, it comes back. Shouldn't the deletion remove the podcast from ITunes, not allow Itunes to put it back on the IPad? Am I missing something?

I think it is just stupid like that. That happened with my iPhone for awhile. Don't remember if it got fixed or I stopped bothering to delete them on my iPhone.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
In iOS 5 you can also delete music song by song or album if you wish....no more using a pc to delete media! Great!

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
I think it is just stupid like that. That happened with my iPhone for awhile. Don't remember if it got fixed or I stopped bothering to delete them on my iPhone.

Make sure you have unchecked all podcasts in the tab on iTunes when your iPad is connected....then it will not re add it to your device once you delete it.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Native video app on iPad is junk. Load AVPlayerHD and watch avi, mkv, mov, mp4, whatever file you want. And it's simple to delete each video when you are done. Want to create folders to put all of the same TV show in. No problem.

Only downside is, you still have to connect to iTunes to move the file from your computer onto the iPad via the app. Still moving 3-4 Gigs of video to the iPad in under a minute isn't bad. I'd use Dropbox, but takes way to long to move a file the size of a TV show or movie over Wi-Fi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.