Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogerh

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
I've been looking at local craigslist..

I wonder how low prices are gonna drop when the 3g model hits.

The best deal I've seen so far is.

64GB iPad with less than 15 hours of use.

I will include the Apple case and an invisible shield screen protector which has already been installed.

$625

---

I already called/texted the seller but he said he was already meeting up with someone.

Sailorloco

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2010
CT
yesterday I saw two separate ads on Craigslist for the 32gb for 300 in Ny......but I'm thinking either they are knock offs already or stolen? Sounds too good be true.

Mando

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I don't think prices are going to go anywhere, in my city all the Apple stores have been sold out pretty much since launch.

If that $625 deal is actually not a scam it is a good deal. I just don't see why someone would be selling it when they could have returned it within 14 days...and they payed around $800 total for that if you include tax.

Just seems a bit sketch to take a $175 hit on a brand new product...

edkill

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
Don't get your hopes up. People are reselling iPads for 10% above the retail price, it's very unlikely you're going to get a good deal on a used iPad. If you see anything lower than 500 bucks it's damaged or a scam.

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
Local Craigslist currently shows two folks selling iPads: a 16Gb model for $485, and a 32Gb model for $550. The "brand new" prices, with sales tax, would be about $540 and $648, respectively.

renewed

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
Local Craigslist currently shows two folks selling iPads: a 16Gb model for $485, and a 32Gb model for $550. The "brand new" prices, with sales tax, would be about $540 and $648, respectively.

I just don't see how people would do this unless they are either A. Stolen or B. They want you to show up with cash so they can jack you.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
I got a 16GB at Best Buy for $475. Everything was included, it was just an open item that was returned within the first two weeks

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
I just don't see how people would do this unless they are either A. Stolen or B. They want you to show up with cash so they can jack you.
The $485 asking price for the 16 Gb is plausible (IMO) but yeah, $550 seems too good to be true for the 32 Gb model.

I'm going to bite the bullet and just buy a new one this weekend. :D

rogerh

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
I ended up buying a used 64 GB iPad yesterday.

$660 cash... Included original box, usb cable/power adapter.. no apple starter guide/manual.. i completely forgot about it until I got home.. (not that i even need it)

The iPad also had front/back invisible shield on it.. but there are some marks on the actual invisible shield itself.

I might just take off the front invisible shield and leave it on the back.

nj-mac-user

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2009
TX
I ended up buying a used 64 GB iPad yesterday.

$660 cash... Included original box, usb cable/power adapter.. no apple starter guide/manual.. i completely forgot about it until I got home.. (not that i even need it)

The iPad also had front/back invisible shield on it.. but there are some marks on the actual invisible shield itself.

I might just take off the front invisible shield and leave it on the back.

Wow talk about a great deal. You lucked out.

gtsipad

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
I just closed the sale of my used 16GB Wifi with Apple Case for $600 here in South Florida. I posted it yesterday afternoon, got email within 30 minutes, got asking price, made exchange today. Miami is dry...guy drove about 80 miles to pick it up.

nj-mac-user

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2009
TX
I just closed the sale of my used 16GB Wifi with Apple Case for $600 here in South Florida. I posted it yesterday afternoon, got email within 30 minutes, got asking price, made exchange today. Miami is dry...guy drove about 80 miles to pick it up.

Wow talk about a great deal. You made money. Nice.

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
There is the odd good deal lately on fleabay, guess it is people desperate to offload quickly for the 3G

Shasta McNasty

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Southern Cali
Good deal og poster. I just bought my 64gb from apple yesterday for $768 and then ran over to invisible shield and got that installed front and back for $70. So all in all you got a great deal as long as you also got the reciept for warranty purposes.

soxfanreggie

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2010

I wonder if any Apple or Best Buy employees are getting discounts on the prices and turning around and selling them. Then there is also the five-finger discount someone could have gotten.

There are also some people that for whatever reason wouldn't even think about going back to the store to try and return something. Their lack of willingness to try that can lead to someone else's benefits.

You hit it right there. A lot of Tampa and Orlando people could make a lot of money if they drove down to South Florida with a trunk full of iPads to sell. Some people would rather pay a decent premium not to have to deal with lines, traveling to get something, spending time to track something down, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.