Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mntentman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
I am looking for a protective case that will fit around an iPad that has a Belkin Grip Vue on it. It looks like a lot of the neoprene cases (and the Waterfield cases) may be form fitted to the iPad and would not be loose enough. Any suggestions?

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I doubt you will have much luck with that. I doubt many if any cases are designed to hold the iPad loosely enough to get a proper fit.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
I am looking for a protective case that will fit around an iPad that has a Belkin Grip Vue on it. It looks like a lot of the neoprene cases (and the Waterfield cases) may be form fitted to the iPad and would not be loose enough. Any suggestions?

I don't have the Grip Vue but I purchased a 10.2" Incase net book sleeve from Best Buy just so I could keep the iPad with a case on in it. It seems like it would fit pretty well with the grip vue on it.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I don't have the Grip Vue but I purchased a 10.2" Incase net book sleeve from Best Buy just so I could keep the iPad with a case on in it. It seems like it would fit pretty well with the grip vue on it.

That is a sleeve not a case. Just about any sleeve will hold it with Grip Vue.

dbagchee

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
I'm hunting for the same thing. I had a Built NYC sleeve that was fine for the iPad naked but was way too snug for the iPad with the Grip Vue. Most of the sleeve descriptions out there aren't descriptive enough.

- I want some padding similar to the incase sleeve
- Zipper on top in the vertical position
- Zipper design where it covers the zipper from the contents and while sliding it in/out

The incase sleeve is at the top of the list right now but I think the iPad version may be too snug and I believe the netbook one opens from the side.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
You have 3 options that I know of:

1. Hard Candy Cases Bubble Sleeve - check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/metagamers both the bubble sleeve review and the 4 cases review where I show the fit of the grip vue in the bubble sleeve.

2. Hard Candy Cases Hard Sleeve - its the same as the bubble sleeve but NO bubbles.

3. SF Bags "EXO" case. This is the ultimate sleeve case I show in my video but made bigger to fit the Belkin, Apple Case, etc...

Hope this helps.

afireintonto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Portland
I'm hunting for the same thing. I had a Built NYC sleeve that was fine for the iPad naked but was way too snug for the iPad with the Grip Vue. Most of the sleeve descriptions out there aren't descriptive enough.

- I want some padding similar to the incase sleeve
- Zipper on top in the vertical position
- Zipper design where it covers the zipper from the contents and while sliding it in/out

The incase sleeve is at the top of the list right now but I think the iPad version may be too snug and I believe the netbook one opens from the side.

I have the apple case, and I was able to fit my iPad with the apple case on, inside of the incase sleeve(the one with the zippers) so you should have no problem getting an ipad with the grip vue in it.

dbagchee

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
I have the apple case, and I was able to fit my iPad with the apple case on, inside of the incase sleeve(the one with the zippers) so you should have no problem getting an ipad with the grip vue in it.

Is that the netbook incase sleeve or the ipad one?

Netbook:
http://www.amazon.com/Incase-Neopre...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1272655013&sr=8-1

iPad:
http://www.amazon.com/Incase-Neopre...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1272655090&sr=8-14

It'd be easier if they'd list the measurements :p

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
I have this case from Walmart and it fits perfectly with Belkin Grip Vue. What makes it nice is both cases are Belkin. :D

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-10.2-Netbook-Neoprene-Sleeve-Black/11038043

0072286871709_500X500.jpg

lonman06

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010

The belkin 10.2" case fits perfectly with the grip vue. This is the way I have been bringing it to class everyday.

MajorTCS

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
Farmington CT
I listened to PSYCHONAUT who posted above with a video. I have the Belkin Grip Vue and the Hard Candy Case. The two are a great fit and match. The only drawback I can see is having to remove the grip vue in order to use the dock. (I have used the dock only once with the bluetooth keyboard).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.