Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inspiritu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Hi all,
I feel pretty silly that I can't figure this out--I'll blame it on being so dazzled by the iPad which I just got last night.

How do I transfer apps I've already purchased for my iPhone to the iPad? I don't want all of them transferred over, just a few.

I know the apps will just be blown-up versions but there are some I'd like on here.

Many thanks.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Just plug iPad into computer. Launch iTunes.

You will see iPad icon on left. Click on it. Than on the screen it will give you options to sync. Click applications. The box may be unchecked to synch apps. Checkb that box and under that will list al of your total apps iTunes has. Just unchecked the apps you don't want on your iPad. Hit synch and wait. That's it.

glennsan

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Midwest USA
iTunes freeze when connects to iPad

Just plug iPad into computer. Launch iTunes.

You will see iPad icon on left. Click on it. Than on the screen it will give you options to sync. Click applications. The box may be unchecked to synch apps. Checkb that box and under that will list al of your total apps iTunes has. Just unchecked the apps you don't want on your iPad. Hit synch and wait. That's it.

I have a friends who very happily bought a 3g iPad yesterday. He has a problem when he tries to sync apps he has already purchased and downloaded for his iPhone, iTunes will freeze. Any ideas?

Glennsan

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I have a friends who very happily bought a 3g iPad yesterday. He has a problem when he tries to sync apps he has already purchased and downloaded for his iPhone, iTunes will freeze. Any ideas?

Glennsan

Did they update to latest version of iTunes? Try that first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.