Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 20, 2008
I have some classic pc games that I'd love to play on my Mac. Obviously I need to get xp on there somehow... I have a recovery disc of xp from my old computer, but I'm not sure if that'll work. Also, I need to be able to access the disc drive while I'm in xp, and I'm unsure how to do that. Does anybody know what the best way to do this is and if my recovery disc will work?

complexcommunic

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
I have some classic pc games that I'd love to play on my Mac. Obviously I need to get xp on there somehow... I have a recovery disc of xp from my old computer, but I'm not sure if that'll work. Also, I need to be able to access the disc drive while I'm in xp, and I'm unsure how to do that. Does anybody know what the best way to do this is and if my recovery disc will work?

Sorry, you need to use a full XP install disc. I don't know where you'd find that in stores these days, but I do know you can find it on the internet if you look hard enough *cough cough* for free...
And yeah you can access your Mac drive from XP in bootcamp, but you need special software on windows I think. You can use parallells or virtualmachine and you can access it a lot easier that way, but that's not as great for playing games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.