Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soloracer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Hello everyone! First post....I'm getting a good deal on a used 12" G4 PB and I want to upgrade it to Tiger (please don't tell me to run Leopard, I don't want to). I seem to be having trouble finding a copy of this OS either new or used anywhere. Any suggestions?

pezza

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
Tiger has been EOL'd by Apple, so the only place will be used or old stock currently held by the resellers.

ripekg

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2009
TIGER OSX software

Actually, for the software ... you can just call 800-myapple and give them your serial number through technical support and they will send another replacement for that machine for $17! I just did that for two G5's.

That's the very cheapest and it restores your ORIGINAL SYSTEM if that's what you are trying to do.

Hope this helps.

EMH:)

brek7685

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2010
Call Apple Support

Yes, Apple support will sell you the OS Tiger disk per the previous poster's comments. I called them, gave them my G4 Mac Mini s/n, CC#, address and done!

Dandoom

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2010
I have a powerbook G4 titanium, running 10.3.9 Can i upgrade to 10.4 without spending a whole bunch of money?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.