Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammyman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
How can you download pictures on the iPad? I took a picture today on my iPhone, and was trying to figure out how to upload it onto a forum from my iPad... Then I realized that I don't know how to download and upload pictures while browsing my iPad. How do you do it?

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
Use dropbox app on the iphone, upload the picture and then use good reader app on the ipad to get the picture from the dropbox account.

If u have mobileme, use that instead..

About uploading picture to forum, heck it won't work.. I don't know why..

ParishYoung

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
Bristol, South West UK
There's numerous ways to achieve this goal, although I don't own an iPad so this list is in no way exhaustive. See if any of them work for you:

You can use the Camera Connection Kit here ($29.99):
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531?mco=MTc0MjU1ODU

You can use MobileMe gallery ($99 per year)

You can email the pics to yourself from your phone (although they are likely to be resized) ($free)

If you have a Mac you can use Preview to get the images off your phone, then iPhoto to catalogue them, then sync to iPad through iTunes ($free)

You could upload them to an online storage service like Flikr, then browse to them via Safari on the iPad, press and hold on the image and then "save image" ($free??)

Zazoh

macrumors 65832
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
This would also depend on what site you will be uploading to. Email is becoming more popular for getting images on a site.

Adding to the list of the above post. If on a Mac, image capture, comes with OS-X, can pull them off. Treats the iPad like a camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.