Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Offshore1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

Here is mine:

Serial number: GB015NH7Z39 (cleaned up from 'gb015nh7z39')
Name: iPad (WiFi)
Group1: iPad
Group2: WiFi
Generation: 1
ModelCode:
Family name: A1219
Screen size: 9 inch
Screen resolution: 1024x768 pixels
Capacity: 32GB
Factory: GB (China (Hon Hai = Foxconn))
Model introduced: 2010
Production year: 2010
Production week: 15 (April)
Production number: 26017 (within this week)

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
If it indicated which screen manufacturer was used that would be good intel.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
and this info is helpful how?

yep its an ipad, just as i suspected!!!

It was a lot more helpful then your smart-ss reply! How was your reply helpful. People like you have to go around posting stuff to make people look stupid when in reality, your only showing your own intelligence.

timothevs

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
FL
Serial number: AK0XXXXXX
Name: iPad (WiFi)
Generation: 1
ModelCode:
Family name: A1219
Screen resolution: 1024x768 pixels
Capacity: 32GB
Factory: AK Please tell us where this machine is manufactured.
Model introduced: 2010
Production year: 2010
Production week: 14 (April)
Production number: 1310 (within this week)

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
It was a lot more helpful then your smart-ss reply! How was your reply helpful. People like you have to go around posting stuff to make people look stupid when in reality, your only showing your own intelligence.

*than

There, now I'm being helpful.

wombat888

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2008
Mshilling, go away. Why you'd post as you have on this thread is beyond comprehension.

OP: thanks for posting this. Here's my info (last four alphanums replaced with Xs just in case):

Serial number: GB018BDxxxx (cleaned up from 'gb018bdxxxx')
Group1:
Group2:
Generation:
ModelCode:
Memory - number of slots: Please tell us how many memory (RAM) slots this machine has.
Factory: GB (China (Hon Hai = Foxconn))
Production year: 2000
Production week: 18 (May)
Production number: 13170 (within this week)

Not sure what some of it means - production year 2000?

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
lol you guys are funny. seriously, why or how is this info useful? The info on the box (16gb, 3g, apple, etc) was sufficient for me I guess. I dont care which chinese country handled my device before I got it. It may as well say Apple Store, Easton Town Center, Columbus OH to add to the already obvious information I know about the device.

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
I just read his post history. It appears he really enjoys making rude comments on about 80% of his posts. Kinda sad if you ask me.

80%, is that a calculated figure or are you just assuming again?

I am of the belief that saying what is on ones mind and being honest is much more effective than pretending to care or be something I am not for random strangers on the internet.

Plus stirring up sh*t is much more fun than being a sheep. This forum actually makes me laugh. There are so many ridiculous things posted here I can't possibly touch on all of them. Thankfully there is also some very useful info here too, which is why I am here. The search feature works great, but I do wish they would create a filter for people talking out of their as*es

Dfndr90

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
lol you guys are funny. seriously, why or how is this info useful? The info on the box (16gb, 3g, apple, etc) was sufficient for me I guess. I dont care which chinese country handled my device before I got it. It may as well say Apple Store, Easton Town Center, Columbus OH to add to the already obvious information I know about the device.

We are in the same town, would you be such an asshat in person too?

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
you two should schedule a "meet up" - talk iPad.

side note - is it safe to be entering your serial number on a random website (other than Apple's)?! :confused:

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
We are in the same town, would you be such an asshat in person too?

Yes I would be. Want to get lunch? You don't have a yellow D90 do you? I saw one parked while playing mini-golf with the kids in Westerville this Friday late afternoon. In a previous life I had a friend with one we would go off-roading together. I pulled that thing out of some pretty hairy situations.

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
you two should schedule a "meet up" - talk iPad.

side note - is it safe to be entering your serial number on a random website (other than Apple's)?! :confused:

If they are foolish enough to post it here, I'd say its safe to enter it there :) Not saying its a good or bad idea, the serial number is on the back so anyone can read it.

Dfndr90

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Yes I would be. Want to get lunch? You don't have a yellow D90 do you? I saw one parked while playing mini-golf with the kids in Westerville this Friday late afternoon. In a previous life I had a friend with one we would go off-roading together. I pulled that thing out of some pretty hairy situations.

No I have a Arles Blue one sorry. I would love to do lunch though.

Mshilling

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
Ahh. thats a sweet color. I do like the looks of a D90. Too bad its a land rover :cool: just playing, ive seen them do some crazy things

Lunch, any time.

Methanoid

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2009
Can you tell the firmware from the serial or mfr date? Looking for a FW 3.2 iPad and NOT 3.21 (obvious reasons)

doodude

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
pssst, look behind you...
When you two hipsters have your lunch connection would you each post your thoughts afterward.

Id love to know how it went... :rolleyes:

I would think the iPad info would be very handy when we all learn that the Chinese use led based, radioactive pixie dust in some of these units & we need to track down who is going to die 1st, dont you!?

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Serial number: DNxxxxxxxxxx
Name: iPad 3
Group2: WiFi-Cellular
Generation: 3
Machine Model: iPad3,2
Model introduced: 2012
Production year: 2012
Production week: 7 (February)
CPU speed: 1.0GHz
Family name: A1430
Screen resolution: 2048x1536 pixels
Colour: Black
Capacity: 64GB
Factory: DN (China, Chengdu - Foxconn)

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX

he didnt have to post anything to make you look stupid.

fsck-y dingo

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
I'll play,

Serial number: DLxxxxxxxxx
Name: iPad 3
Model Number: A1416
Generation: 3
Machine Model: iPad3,1
Model introduced: 2012
Production year: 2012
Production week: 1 (January)
CPU speed: 1.0GHz
Screen resolution: 2048x1536 pixels
Colour: Black
Capacity: 64GB
Factory: DL (China - Foxconn)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.