Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AeroUK

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
New York
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can take an unlocked handset to the USA and get a sim only deal from ATT (like the simplicity tariffs in the UK).

I was thinking about buying the next iPhone on PAYG outright and wondered if I went to the USA if I could take this phone to ATT to use or if I would have to sell it and get a new phone from ATT.

Best

Aaron

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can take an unlocked handset to the USA and get a sim only deal from ATT (like the simplicity tariffs in the UK).

I was thinking about buying the next iPhone on PAYG outright and wondered if I went to the USA if I could take this phone to ATT to use or if I would have to sell it and get a new phone from ATT.

Best

Aaron

If it's unlocked you'll be able to use it on either AT&T or T-Mobile when you're here in the states. Both companies offer pay as you go or monthly plans that you can choose from. =)

EDIT: Wait are you talking about an unlocked iPhone or some other phone? Any unlocked quad-band phone will work in the USA. The iPhone and many other popular phones are quad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.