Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AzNGeLChik

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
I am using a macbook pro / Windows 7 with bootcamp.

If everything is installed right, here's how to activate the right-click for your trackpad without installing any third party software.

In windows 7
- Open control panel
- Click Security & Systems (I am using a french version of Windows 7, so it might not be the good translation)
- at the end, click on Bootcamp
- A new window open...
- Click on Trackpad tab
- On the left side (1 finger), click on secondary click.
- Apply.

And VOILA!

if you cannot find this, as default, right click is done with 2 fingers on the trackpad + 1 click

Hope this help some of you guys. I was looking for this for hours.

jahman83

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2011
right click boot camp configure

hi, I had the same problem. in the boot camp control panel I dont have the "trackpad" button, but the problem was in the language of the windows (i have czech version). I have a windows 7 and I download the english language for it. Then I reinstall the bootcamp and now I have the trackpad option there. Bluetooth is working now too. I have the 1st generation of MacBook White. Trackpad is working fine now.. Bye :)

Dman91

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2011
I am using a macbook pro / Windows 7 with bootcamp.

If everything is installed right, here's how to activate the right-click for your trackpad without installing any third party software.

In windows 7
- Open control panel
- Click Security & Systems (I am using a french version of Windows 7, so it might not be the good translation)
- at the end, click on Bootcamp
- A new window open...
- Click on Trackpad tab
- On the left side (1 finger), click on secondary click.
- Apply.

And VOILA!

if you cannot find this, as default, right click is done with 2 fingers on the trackpad + 1 click

Hope this help some of you guys. I was looking for this for hours.

Thanks man , worked like a charm ( windows 8.1 )

macenied

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2014
MacBook Pro ( unibody ) 13" mid 2010, Windows 7, Bootcamp 4 here. 3-finger click on trackpad. However, I use a mouse 99% of the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.