Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
The power button seems to be stuck, as in it won't move at all. The plastic 3G on top I was able to snap back over the glass, but the edge where the power button is, is slightly beveled up. Does anyone have any clue what Apple is going to want to repair it? It's a 64gb 3G and I can't use it at all cause when I type in my passcode, it just randomly shuts the screen off since that button is jammed down.

Also, it was in a Marware Eco-Vue, love the case, but the sides are not covered, and fell from about 4 feet up onto hardwood flooring.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 404

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
I tried by hand, no such luck, going to see Apple's Genius bar in the morning, anyone care to sacrifice a lamb for me? :apple:

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I feel your pain, I genuinely do. I'm not sure what to tell you, but I can already tell you not to build you hopes up that Apple will help -well, they will help, but at a price of course.
Even though I say that, your next step is definitely to take it to an Apple Store before you try any bending or pushing of your own -and definitely don't hit it with a mallet :eek:

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
May the fleas from 1000 camels nest in your crotch:eek: for even THINKING of hurting the kitty!:mad:

D

dannyjames8

drive over it with a tank or a steam roller to make it flat.

it worked for me.

dazcox5181

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2005
Essex, UK
Is this for real?

Who'd have though aluminium & glass were so flexible - judging by that pic the who device looks like it flexed at the corner!:eek:

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I actually can't believe that the thing bent like that! I really would have thought that not possible. And the screen did not break? That is pretty wild. I think most likely Apple will exchange it out for you. I would be really surprised if they did not. Let us know.

John Paul

macrumors member
May 10, 2010
Washington DC
That SquareTrade warranty is starting to look like it might be worth it.

Bingo.

If Apple doesn't help, buy a SquareTrade warranty on it. You won't be able to "cash it in" (so to speak) until a month's time has passed but that is better than nothing. Either they'll fix it or else they'll send you a check for your full purchase price.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Bingo.

If Apple doesn't help, buy a SquareTrade warranty on it. You won't be able to "cash it in" (so to speak) until a month's time has passed but that is better than nothing. Either they'll fix it or else they'll send you a check for your full purchase price.

Purchasing a policy on an item that has already been damaged and then making a claim on it is insurance fraud you know.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
I can't believe it bent like that and didn't break! Wow! I certainly feel for you :eek:

drewbwfc

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
ouch!

I can't believe the way its bent. Really strange. Did it land with all its force on that one corner? Even so I would have thought it would be strong enough not to do that.

John Paul

macrumors member
May 10, 2010
Washington DC
Purchasing a policy on an item that has already been damaged and then making a claim on it is insurance fraud you know.

Considering I've actually had an Apple Store employee once tell me one of the great things about AppleCare is that you have a whole year to decide whether or not to buy it, so that if something goes wrong during the course of the first year you can always make the decision to get AppleCare and get it fixed.

So at least by your definition, this Apple Store employee was basically telling me to commit insurance fraud?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.