Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Norway
I have a bunch of data stored on 2GB disks for the Iomega Jaz drive that I would like to transfer to my iMac G3. How do I manage this? The Jaz drive has a parallell port and the iMac has a USB port. Is it possible to connect these two in some way? Or is it perhaps possible to first transfer the data to a PC and then to the iMac? I am thankful for all help with this.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Tyger said:
I have a bunch of data stored on 2GB disks for the Iomega Jaz drive that I would like to transfer to my iMac G3. How do I manage this? The Jaz drive has a parallell port and the iMac has a USB port. Is it possible to connect these two in some way? Or is it perhaps possible to first transfer the data to a PC and then to the iMac? I am thankful for all help with this.
You need a parallel to USB adapter or you can buy a USB JAZ drive for your iMac.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...are you sure it is a parallel port and not the 25-pin SCSI port that looks the same (been a while since I used a jaz drive...)....I thought (and I may be wrong) that Jaz drives were all SCSI but came with the SCSI/Parallel adapter/converter thing. Anyway, Iomega still sell a Jaz drive USB adapter but they want about $80 for it.....oh yeah

Tyger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Norway
Thanks for the answers MisterMe and Duff-Man. It is of course a SCSI port on the back, I gave the wrong description earlier. Perhaps the "Goodway USB 2.0 IDE Adapter with power supply" will be sufficient to solve my problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.