Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goobot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
iphone-4G-coque_4-500x375.jpg

Schermata-2010-05-23-a-23.51.17-500x493.jpg

doubleatheman

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
Them blasted screw holes are on the bottom again.... :(

I wonder how old these pics are... hopefully older, because I don't want the screws showing on the bottom.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Them blasted screw holes are on the bottom again.... :(

I wonder how old these pics are... hopefully older, because I don't want the screws showing on the bottom.

Based on what we know of the model designations, the ones w/ screws are newer than the one's without.

The Vietnamese model was a PRO2 which is an early prototype. No screws.
The Gizmodo model was a DVT - Design Verification Test which is later in the process. Has screws.

And from what I'm seeing, most of these pictures appear to be coming from parts suppliers, so most likely these are production parts.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
the design looks more intricate than previous versions.

i can't wait to see what this thing can do :)

EDIT: it looks like the proximity and light sensors have been relocated to above the speaker.

cheeseblock

macrumors member
May 23, 2010
SLC, UT
i was just wondering about how official the name "iPhone HD" is. Is this the definite name? And not something like iPhone 4G or iPhone 4 or something?

wjlafrance

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2009
Madison, WI
The name will be up in the air until release. Nobody's agreeing.

There's three possible conclusions: Either someone took a LOT of pictures, this thing is getting passed around a lot, or there were more than just a few of these made. I'm sold that this is the final design.

Now, someone go leak one of these without a SIM slot. That'll make me happy!

elephunkman

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2010
Boston
I believe the seams are for prototypes. I hope Apple is going to go with the whole unibody thing they have going on and remove the seams. As for the screws, 3GS has them on the bottom which probably helps in the repair of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.