Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

135428-uk_ipad_delivery_1.jpg

Image from forum member J R R
While the iPad's first batch of international launches in nine new countries is not scheduled until tomorrow, a significant number of customers are reporting that their pre-orders are arriving today. The United Kingdom in particular has seen a lot of activity, with customers' delivery progress being tracked in this extensive thread. Both UPS and TNT are handling iPad deliveries in the UK today.

135428-uk_ipad_delivery_2.jpg

Image from forum member J R R
Today's shipments represent those orders placed very soon after Apple began taking pre-orders, as shipping estimates quickly slipped from the May 28th launch to dates in early June. Customers looking to order an iPad online in the new international launch countries are currently faced with a vague shipping estimate of "June". Consequently, those not wishing to wait for online orders to ship at this point should probably try to snag one from the undoubtedly scarce supplies headed for Apple retail stores and other third-party retailers tomorrow.

Article Link: International iPad Orders Arriving Early in Droves

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
my brother is still waiting for his. this has been a looong day for him. :D

akjs2396

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2009
Isle of Man
Well I live on the Isle of Man these days and as per UPS are in NO rush to get here!!!!!!

I bought a new MBP in the last refresh and it took 11 days to get here from China so i'll probably get it Friday next week, even though it's been sitting in Preston since 0600!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

angevil

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
I wish Europe would gets Apple products at the same time as USA. If iPhone are not ready at the same time, I will be pissed and send an angry email message to Steve :D

RichTF

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2007
London, UK
UPS tried to deliver mine today, but no one was in. My housemate would've been in if they'd waited an extra 20 minutes too. Bugger! :(

Still, I was expecting it tomorrow anyway, so will just have to wait as planned...

YesILoveTech

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2010
Ahhh, it feels so good to be on Macrumors reading threads and catching up with the latest in Apple news....While on my unibody 15" MBP utilizing the wireless hotspot ability of my newly upgraded Nexus One running 2.2 Froyo getting over 2Mbps.

Having a fully functional flash device that allows me to choose how I want to use the internet including flash games and full video is also really nice. Choice is good isn't it guys?

:)

B

Black Macbook

Choice is good isn't it guys?

Yeah, and people have the choice to not buy Apple products if that's what they wish.

I like choice too, and after taking a look at all of the available choices, I'll be getting an iPad soon.

B

Black Macbook

UPS tried to deliver mine today, but no one was in.

Consider yourself lucky!

I live in an apartment building and sometimes the UPS guy will just leave packages downstairs in the lobby if you're not home!

I wouldn't want any packages coming from Apple to be left downstairs in the damn lobby for all to see!

People have lost fingers because of iPads! Apple products are hot and in demand! Apple products are extra lucrative, especially to thieves.

Cydonia

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2009
Isle of Man
Well I live on the Isle of Man these days and as per UPS are in NO rush to get here!!!!!!

I bought a new MBP in the last refresh and it took 11 days to get here from China so i'll probably get it Friday next week, even though it's been sitting in Preston since 0600!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

God bless ya mucker! I know exactly what you mean ;-)

YesILoveTech

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2010
Yeah, and people have the choice to not buy Apple products if that's what they wish.

I like choice too, and after taking a look at all of the available choices, I'll be getting an iPad soon.

Well I utilize Apple products, Google products, Microsoft Products, and whatever else I feel provides a solution to a need that I have. This is my second MacBook Pro in 3 years and 4th Mac computer in the last 4 years (not to mention a 32GB iPod Touch), so I'm clearly not against Apple products per se. But I do love the choice to use my products as I see fit and not have someone dictate what I want or need.

Cydonia

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2009
Isle of Man
Ahhh, it feels so good to be on Macrumors reading threads and catching up with the latest in Apple news....While on my unibody 15" MBP utilizing the wireless hotspot ability of my newly upgraded Nexus One running 2.2 Froyo getting over 2Mbps.

Having a fully functional flash device that allows me to choose how I want to use the internet including flash games and full video is also really nice. Choice is good isn't it guys?

sorry I could be reading that wrong, you're surfing the web on your MBP?

B

Black Macbook

But I do love the choice to use my products as I see fit and not have someone dictate what I want or need.

Sure, there's nothing wrong with that. If flash was that important to me personally, or if I relied on flash heavily, then I might choose differently.

avvpiras

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2003
Cagliari, Italy
Early preordered iPads delivered in Italy

My 64GB 3G iPad, preordered on May 10 in the morning, has been delivered today with most of the accessories I ordered, except the camera connection kit.

It's wonderful!

The iPad I ordered for my wife on the same day May 10, but in the afternoon, is scheduled for June 7 delivery.

Given that May 10 was the very first day of preorders in Italy, the morning has been enough to sell the whole batch of iPads available for italian customers till the second week of June!

YesILoveTech

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2010
Sure, there's nothing wrong with that. If flash was that important to me personally, or if I relied on flash heavily, then I might choose differently.

Indeed Black Macbook. For what it's worth I do love the iPad and am going to purchase one, I'll just use my Nexus One as a wireless hotspot instead of getting the 3G version. I find that usually the best way to utilize technology is to use a cross platform approach.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.