Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JNB

macrumors 604
Yeah, ok. A rambling blog post and a link to a short news brief (that doesn't mention rape or even hint of it) does not a shocking story make.

But it was posted on the internet, so it must be all true, every word of it.

supercooled

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, ok. A rambling blog post and a link to a short news brief (that doesn't mention rape or even hint of it) does not a shocking story make.

CNN and the main stream media are all controlled by the illuminatis and the new world order. Reddit and any blog post or tweet is more credible than what we get on the evening news :eek:

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
I was replying to him saying there was no suggestion of attempted rape, though there obviously was. I just posted this because it was relevent to me, Im not expecting my friends reddit entry to go anywhere.

TJRiver

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009
CNN and the main stream media are all controlled by the illuminatis and the new world order. Reddit and any blog post or tweet is more credible than what we get on the evening news :eek:

That tinfoil hat working for you?:D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005

He mustn't have been a very good teacher.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN

41552.gif

JNB - you look skeptical....

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
1) Until he is convicted in a court of law, all of this is merely an allegation.

2) Since the alleged activities were not related to teaching duties, or perhaps even took place in the US since he was in an airplane, they really couldn't fire the teacher on any kind of contractual grounds, could they.

3) I would rather read my news from places like CNN, BBC, CBC, NYT, however their views may be skewed - than a sources like Reddit which do not bother or care to make the distinction between someone convicted of a crime, and someone charged with a crime.

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
Since when is asking a woman to get down with your attempted rape???

I mean, if he grabbed her, tried to force her into the bathroom, and she screamed, then yeah ... I can see pushing attempted rape. All I see is a frustrated jerk who committed assault on a woman who denied him.

Secondly, your blog post says he was back in school getting fired ... but according to the linked article he is being held with on 100,000.00 bail. According to a secondary article, he was still being held in Puerto Rico as his bail hasn't been posted as of May 26th.

Link: http://www.fredericksburgstandard.com/articles/2010/05/26/news/03news.txt

Ergo, Mr. Watson wasn't at the school with a gun. And of course the police report wasn't going to be released to the TX police, the crime occurred in PR airspace. Im sorry, but parents can't just call up PR Law Enforcement and ask for a copy of an ongoing police report.

As for the post being listed in an Atheism topic ... what does this have to do with religion (or lack thereof). Its not like him being the head master of a parochial school means he is some upstanding individual. Like "religious" people don't do bad things or suffer from mental illness, thats not a valid argument for atheism.

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
He ordered her to go into the bathroom with him and punched her when she said no and asked for help. That's different than getting denied.

He was fired before ever getting on a plane to puerto rico.

It's a private school, they can fire people for about anything. Seen it happen.. and this is easily within reason (showing signs of obviously being mentally unbalanced at a board meeting).

I don't know why it's in the atheism section.. I guess Watson wasn't teaching my friend much ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.