Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
I remember when the iPhone first came out, there were threads immediately following its release about cracked glass/broken screens.

Has anybody cracked their screen yet?

frankjl

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2010
Mine just freaking broke. Compliments of my 2 year old son. :(

He was painting using the brushes app. Wanted to show me his "art" picked it up and satrted walking my way when he tripped and fell smashing the entire ipad screen :(

Hmm where can i get this fixed ?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Mine just freaking broke. Compliments of my 2 year old son. :(

He was painting using the brushes app. Wanted to show me his "art" picked it up and satrted walking my way when he tripped and fell smashing the entire ipad screen :(

Hmm where can i get this fixed ?

The iPad or your willy? :D

doublebullout

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2007
Shreveport, LA
Yes, just noticed a hairline crack running from the top left corner to the middle of the right hand side. It's almost invisible when you look directly at the screen, but it's clearly visible when viewing at an angle. A couple of days ago, it fell off a chaise longue onto a tile floor as I got up (about a 2 foot drop.) There were a couple of scuffs and a small dent in the top left corner. I didn't see a crack then, so it must have developed over time somehow. I'm not sure what my repair options are yet.

RULE #1 - BUY A CASE ASAP; don't wait for the ideal case, get something now. I ordered the Apple case a week ago, but there's still a huge backlog. It won't arrive until the end of June. :-/

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
I have a screen protector, back protector (Zagg/PowerSupport) and a WaterField Slip Case for my messenger bag when I'm on the go. You don't NEED a case if you're careful with it, just like you don't need a case with a MBP. ;)

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009
Yes, just noticed a hairline crack running from the top left corner to the middle of the right hand side. It's almost invisible when you look directly at the screen, but it's clearly visible when viewing at an angle. A couple of days ago, it fell off a chaise longue onto a tile floor as I got up (about a 2 foot drop.) There were a couple of scuffs and a small dent in the top left corner. I didn't see a crack then, so it must have developed over time somehow. I'm not sure what my repair options are yet.

RULE #1 - BUY A CASE ASAP; don't wait for the ideal case, get something now. I ordered the Apple case a week ago, but there's still a huge backlog. It won't arrive until the end of June. :-/

Owww :( have a picture of the damage?

ciaran00

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
My gf's iPhone has a massive vertical crack on it. It's hilarious watching her use it. She loves that thing.

flanger

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2010
Haven't cracked my screen, but managed to put a dent (next to the docking slot) in the aluminium body (after a day of having it). The dent also caused a bit of a small crinkle in the backside. You have to look for it though. I'm just relieved that there wasn't anything wrong with the screen.

The iPad was in a simple neoprene sleeve when it took a fall from 1 - 2 feet high, right on the corner of a stone step.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
RULE #1 - BUY A CASE ASAP; don't wait for the ideal case, get something now.

I think this is very good advice. It is worth the extra $40. The Apple store in Houston had a couple of Incase designs. One was too thick...but the one I got was this one:

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/grip-protective-cover-cl56430/2

It is contoured on the back and makes for very easy holding.

I then have a Netbook case that I am currently using. It is really nice actually...very soft in the inside, a couple of pockets on the front...handles to carry it around with. Just kind of geeky...and a LITTLE too large:

Neoprene Carry Bag Case for Asus EeePC Eee 1101HA 11.6 http://cgi.ebay.com/Neoprene-Carry-...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5817fc82

Between the two protections, my only concern is if I leave it sitting around and somebody sits on it...I have done that to my glasses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.