Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheChillPill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2007
Manchester, UK
Hi Folks,

I need to find an 'easier' way of diverting my iPhone calls to the sim card in my car when I'm driving. At the moment, I'm having to go through Settings > Phone / Call Forwarding > On/Off each time I get in or out of the car.

Aside from the time this takes, there is no visual image on the home screen to indicate that call divert is on - which means I keep forgetting about it and subsequently wondering why no-one is calling me (feeling very unloved in the process!).

As far as I'm aware, iPhone doesn't have any options other than a 'forward all', however are any of the following possible? ;

- Any other way of getting iPhone to divert the call when switched off/out of service area (i.e a sequence of numbers that are sent to o2)

- Any way of enabling something on the home screen to tell me a divert is on

- A shortcut on the home screen to quick switch divert on/off?

Many Thanks :)

Quincy9219

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
The answer is no on all counts, sorry, I can't think of a way to do all of this using the normal apps and other sources. Jailbreak may solve this, but I don't know enough about that, so, maybe someone else can check the jailbreak side of this for you

superdave67

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2008
more iPhone call forwarding options

Exactly! Every morning when I get into work, I have to forward my iPhone to my desk phone because I get lousy reception in the NOC (big cold room with lots of servers). While we have T-Mobile repeaters, that doesn't really help me with AT&T. And more times than I'd like to admit, I forget to turn it off.

It'd be nice to have a "Turn Call Forwarding On/Off" button, as well as the capability to set it for time periods. Automatically turn call forwarding on at 7am, and turning it off at 5pm... something like the Alarm feature, but for call forwarding... for multiple numbers and time periods.

Dave

mrtrilby

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
If you've got an old Nokia kicking around, take the SIM out of your iPhone and pop it in the Nokia. They have more options for setting call forwarding. Set forward on no service to send it to your car's number. Put the SIM back in your iPhone and the forwarding will be preserved.

The downside to this is that there is no way to change this once it is set without putting the SIM back into a phone that supports the "forward on no service" setting.

sjdigital

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2008
The Caucasus
O2 have a range of codes you can use to configure call divert. What I did was to create a new contact called 'Call Divert' and then add each of these codes as a different number with its own label, e.g. Unanswered, Unobtainable, etc. Then it's simply a matter of 'calling' the appropriate divert option. The attached screen shot shows how it looks. I've opted to divert to voicemail, i.e. 901, and in 'Unanswered', the number 20 between the * and the # is the delay in seconds before it goes to voice mail. You can set that to whatever value you wish.

EDIT: This is the link to the full listing of the divert codes on the O2 website http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi...ion,question=ref(user):str(Mobile),CASE=13448

Attachments

• Picture 002.png
    Picture 002.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 748

pendolino

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2007
use GSM short codes

these should work on all GSM networks as they are standards-based from my experience. i am guessing that users in the US do not have much experience with GSM so the information is not easily available.

here are the codes that you have to dial in to the phone keypad to do each of the respective actions:

short codes to dial for setting call diverts:

**67*[divert number]*# -- when busy
**61*[divert number]*# -- when not reachable
**62*[divert number]*# -- when switched off
**21*[divert number]*# -- divert all calls(did not test this)

##002# -- cancel all diverts

replace [divert number] with number to divert to. in my case it was 666 for wataniya (kuwait) voicemail.

i hope this is useful to anyone out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.