Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Is there some way to make a stack that shows all your devices (the disks, the network, USB sticks, hard drives, etc.)

I tried dragging "(My name)'s Computer" to the dock but it wouldn't let me... I also tried selecting all the devices at once and dragging them to the dock but it also it wouldn't let me do that.

I just thought this would be an easy way to find out what disks and stuff is mounted on my computer without having them crowd my desktop.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Everything apart from the Network is easy.

Open the Finder and hit Shift-Command-G. Type /Volumes into the window and a new Finder window should appear with a previously hidden folder called Volumes. Drag this to the dock to create a stack.

All new mounted volumes (CDs, DVDs, USB sticks and even mounted network drives) will appear in this folder.

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
Everything apart from the Network is easy.

Open the Finder and hit Shift-Command-G. Type /Volumes into the window and a new Finder window should appear with a previously hidden folder called Volumes. Drag this to the dock to create a stack.

All new mounted volumes (CDs, DVDs, USB sticks and even mounted network drives) will appear in this folder.

This is pretty sweet. Thanks!

Is there a way for the icons in the stack to be the same as the icons I have set on the desktop?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.