Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shafrom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
Moscow, Russia
Hi guys!
One owner of macbook air, already posted message like this. But now I'm asking about calibrating SAMSUNG panel. Can someboby upload your result of calibrating screen (may be you have a proffesional calibrating devices for it or try another way) in color profile? I'm trying do it, but result don't pleasure for me. Thanks.:)

shawnmac

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011
Hi guys!
One owner of macbook air, already posted message like this. But now I'm asking about calibrating SAMSUNG panel. Can someboby upload your result of calibrating screen (may be you have a proffesional calibrating devices for it or try another way) in color profile? I'm trying do it, but result don't pleasure for me. Thanks.:)

Are you unhappy with the way your screen looks by default?

Shafrom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
Moscow, Russia
Are you unhappy with the way your screen looks by default?
Yes, default color settings, seems me incorrect. I'm was try to change it (calibrate), but result little bit better, but far away from true color... May be some guys try calibrate and get another result. I wanna try another color profile, perhaps it pleasure for me much better. Please help me for experience.

rds

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2007
No need to calibrate the Samsung display. You must have the substandard LG or poor eyesight if you can't see God's reflection in the background.

stevenpa

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
I'm looking for something as well. The Pro Compared to a 15' MBP the colors are slightly off. It's slightly yellowish dull on some of the colors and the blacks are not dark enough. The ProPhoto RGB is ok, but too blue.

And I have a Samsung display for sure. It's not bad, but there definitely could be some calibration improvement.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
I have the Samsung screen on my 2010 MBA. I think the colors were a bit washed out. I purchased SuperCal today and the colors are more rich. I went through the process about 6 times but each time was very close to each other. Attached is my profile.

It is deeper and takes some getting used to for me since I been looking at it the other way for 6 months. But the colors are actual colors now.

Attachments

• SupercalMBA1st.icc.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,683

torroa

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2011
@IngerMan

Thanks for sharing the profile. I have the Huey calibrator, but not been able to use it since OSx Leopard (still no support for SL) :p

Been trying to calibrate my Samsung display on the new 13" MBA, without success. With the attached I can now see all the shades of gray. The OEM profile only showed the last 5. The colours seems to be spot on also. The only downside is that the contrast is a bit over the scale..

http://www.socomnutzclan.com/images/Brightness.jpg

Last edited:

Apple Expert

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
I would like to see if someone can post a calibration file for this display. The LG thread has many responses. Hopefully this one can too.

CrazyMBalla

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
I have the Samsung screen on my 2010 MBA. I think the colors were a bit washed out. I purchased SuperCal today and the colors are more rich. I went through the process about 6 times but each time was very close to each other. Attached is my profile.

It is deeper and takes some getting used to for me since I been looking at it the other way for 6 months. But the colors are actual colors now.

Makes my screens colour very rich looking. Thanks for the post!

bill-p

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2011
Here is my profile for a 2010 13" MBA.

Not really looking for color accuracy here. More for brighter and vibrant look based on my 13" MBP. The profile from IngerMan looks like it has a purple tint on my screen.

Attachments

• Samsung LCD Calibrated.icc.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,170

bill-p

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2011
Unzip and copy the icc profile to either

"Users/your_user_folder/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/"

or...

"Library/ColorSync/Profiles/"

Then go to Settings > Display > Color and make sure "Show profiles for this display only" is unchecked. Look for the profile in the list and click on the name.

Mine is "Samsung LCD Calibrated".

DJiGGs

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
Unzip and copy the icc profile to either

"Users/your_user_folder/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/"

or...

"Library/ColorSync/Profiles/"

Then go to Settings > Display > Color and make sure "Show profiles for this display only" is unchecked. Look for the profile in the list and click on the name.

Mine is "Samsung LCD Calibrated".

Thanks man. The calibrated screen looks more rich in color compared to the standard screen it comes with

coolguy1

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2011
Here is my profile for a 2010 13" MBA.

Not really looking for color accuracy here. More for brighter and vibrant look based on my 13" MBP. The profile from IngerMan looks like it has a purple tint on my screen.

Very nice!! big difference and my 13" 2011 Samsung looks like more like 13" 2010

blulite

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2011
Very nice!! big difference and my 13" 2011 Samsung looks like more like 13" 2010

I just tried. While I like the changes in contrast for photos, when I compare text only programs I loose a lot of the high-lights and contrasts there. (I'm using Microsoft Outlook under Parallels). I think I'm gonna stick with the default calibration.

Jeff

bill-p

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2011
Here is a new profile. It's boosting contrast mostly, so super dark elements will appear very... dark.

But otherwise color vibrance should be better than the last one I posted. Sharpness should also be better (due to the boosted contrast). Try this one instead.

Attachments

• samsungicc.zip
    10 KB · Views: 984

ipodlover77

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2009

holy effing cow. those colors are EXTREMELY rich. i love it but at the same time it kind of gives me a headache. if that makes sense.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
holy effing cow. those colors are EXTREMELY rich. i love it but at the same time it kind of gives me a headache. if that makes sense.

Yes a little much. I no longer have the 13 inch machine. But I did use SuperCal on my new 11" with similar results. I found the best results are people that posted using the Spider software.

minnus

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2011
It is a rather large disparity...

so many calibration profiles for the LG thread, yet a total of 20 posts for Samsung's calibration thread.

skydesigner

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2011
Lsn133bt01a02

I just got my Macbook Air 13". It has the LSN133BT01A02 Panel.

Anyone got a icc Profile made with a prof. tool? It would be great if he/she could post it here!

Purr

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Seconding skydesigner's request. I tried a couple of profiles posted around the forums, but none of them got rid of that slightly yellowish tint.

diha1977

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
The profile posted by IngerMan for the MacBook Air 2010 made my screen look really good. The colours and the contrast is perfect.

Thank's a lot for posting that profile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.