Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enigma2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Hi,

I am using Mac Office 2011 and Acrobat X on OSX Lion. Now I wanted to batch convert several hundred .doc and .xls documents to PDF but Acrobat won't read the file formats. WTH? I always did this kind of batch coverting in Windows.

If this is not supported by Acrobat for Mac, is there any other way I can batch convert several Office files to pdf? Adobe/MS can't possibly want me to manually convert each document one by one.

enigma2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Is there really no way in Acrobat for OSX to do this? Am I the only one missing this?

In Windows this was actually the only thing I used Acrobat for.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I'm not too familiar with Acrobat, but isn't there probably a way to do it in Automator? That would be my first guess... :)

Automator would definitely do this. Have a play and see if you can work it out. If you can't then post back and I will try and guide you through the workflow.

Edit* Take a look at this guide.

enigma2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Automator would definitely do this. Have a play and see if you can work it out. If you can't then post back and I will try and guide you through the workflow.

Edit* Take a look at this guide.

Automator can do this with normal files but not if you are using Macros in the Excel file. I really hate using MS products for all the bugs. (Office documents to PDF Automator plugin is build by MS)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.