Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookair1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Like most iPad 1 fans, when the iPad 2 came out, I wanted the smart cover for my iPad 1. After doing a bit of research I found most people glued magnets to the side of their iPad. I love my iPad but can't take the feeling of having glued magnets to it so after some more research I found A link on YouTube to a website that made a kit that involves no glue.The link is below watch the video on their website and it will explain how to set it up.:apple:

http://smartfix.co/products/smartsnap/

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Like most iPad 1 fans, when the iPad 2 came out, I wanted the smart cover for my iPad 1. After doing a bit of research I found most people glued magnets to the side of their iPad. I love my iPad but can't take the feeling of having glued magnets to it so after some more research I found A link on YouTube to a website that made a kit that involves no glue.The link is below watch the video on their website and it will explain how to set it up.:apple:

http://smartfix.co/products/smartsnap/

Not too shabby. I bet there are also some internal kits out there for the more ambitious. The iPad 1 has TONS of extra room inside. It's actually kind of ridiculous how much space there is in there:

ipadfcc-100402-2.png

Kind of makes me think they made the iPad chubby on purpose just so the iPad 2 would seem like more of an upgrade. But often first gen products need time to mature, and this conservative design using new parts could have been produced just in case they had to change their plans in any significant way. Who knows? Could fit a couple iPhone 4S motherboards in there, lol.

macbookair1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Not that I am interested in buying an internal kit to make the smart cover attach to the ipad 1, but I was curious to now if there is a webpage to find the kit because I am interested to see who makes them:apple::cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.