Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

potatis

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
What's the Apple remote useful for on Macs now that Front Row is gone?
(though it's is still mentioned on the Apple remote's page on Applestore)

GreatOwl

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2007
Wisconsin

doesn't do much good if you can't access the music library does it? I have read of all sorts of technical hacks, but nothing I care to fool around with.

Did apple ever give any though to those who are handicapped and like to use itunes while in bed or across the room?

I would think it would be an easy fix to the apple techs to bring back front row and think about those who do not or can not get up and and access the desktop.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
doesn't do much good if you can't access the music library does it? I have read of all sorts of technical hacks, but nothing I care to fool around with.

Did apple ever give any though to those who are handicapped and like to use itunes while in bed or across the room?

I would think it would be an easy fix to the apple techs to bring back front row and think about those who do not or can not get up and and access the desktop.

When I got my ATV2 and used the remote, the MBP started iTunes and started playing music, as if I'd pressed the play button on the keyboard...

potatis

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
should be better if they removed the IR-port from the Mac mini then, it would look cleaner as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.