Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmongral

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
with all these EFI updates they seem to be across the board. are these needed for ML to function correctly or evan install.

the last two have addressed a graphic issue , are Apple going for a graphic change?

I have never seen such a large number is such a short time scale.
EFI updates were hardly ever issued except for a dire emergency

your thoughts

njaremka

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2010
with all these EFI updates they seem to be across the board. are these needed for ML to function correctly or evan install.

the last two have addressed a graphic issue , are Apple going for a graphic change?

I have never seen such a large number is such a short time scale.
EFI updates were hardly ever issued except for a dire emergency

your thoughts

i was under the impression that the majority of them were to add lion internet recovery utility to the boot loader, so that you could recover your os in the event that you lose or replace your hard drive?

barredfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2012
Apple normally releases EFI updates to resolve issues users are having with their Macs. As well as trying to do this, Apple also tries to include new features/easier accessibility to current features. I think what they're going for is a very simplistic yet functional system, and they plan to do it slowly but surely.

I hope that explains why they've been releasing many recent EFI updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.