Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Made a comparison video and you can really see the difference. I'm impressed, what about you?

cfs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
Made a comparison video and you can really see the difference. I'm impressed, what about you?

YouTube: video

I'm impressed. My work wanted to purchase iPads last year to make portfolios but the camera wasn't good enough quality for this. This year is a different story.

Jarson

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2011
Glasgow
Thanks for the video, really nice comparison. Looks like high volume of those Megapixels doesn't really mean you have better camera. 5Mpx is still pretty decent.

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for the video, really nice comparison. Looks like high volume of those Megapixels doesn't really mean you have better camera. 5Mpx is still pretty decent.

agreed, maybe they can upgrade the camera for the iPod touch in the next update

MacAttacka

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2012
I think i prefer the smoother iPad 2 footage rather than the juddery iPad 3 footage. Surely that can be fixed with an update?

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
I think i prefer the smoother iPad 2 footage rather than the juddery iPad 3 footage. Surely that can be fixed with an update?
I'm assuming that's from the image stabilization, which I've always found to be hit or miss in any camera (that does it digitally). I can't find a way to turn it off.

I'm sure an update could give a toggle if people complain.

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
It also could be operator jiggles! I know that when I take videos with my digicam or iPhone, I need to pan very, very slowly--a lot slower than one thinks one needs to do, to end up with stable movie.

What would be fun would be a side-by-side comparison!

WalledMacGarden

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010

You think that's not smooth...use the photobooth app, the back camera on mine is almost unusable:D with photobooth. I hope FaceTime with the back camera is not as bad as photobooth, anyone try facetime using back camera yet? Maybe options to do 480p, 720p and 1080i ...more options the better.

But yeah, with much slower pans, or none, the camera is nice.

Someday we shall have 60p and that's going to be awesome, I have 60p camera and it's amazing, but it's not an ipad:D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.